1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beginning physics courses

1. Jun 3, 2010 #1
    Hi i'm beginning to take physics a little more serious than ever and starting with maths. just want to know if there is any advice on what materials to get for my long studies?
    Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 5, 2010 #2
    I'm going to be a 3rd year physics major this coming fall. I've found the Feynman Lectures on Physics to be nothing short of amazing. They present anything you could ever want to know or learn in a physics classroom in a very easy-to-understand format. They're expensive, if I remember right, so it's not something you should buy if physics is a passing fancy.

Other than that, go to the library and find and read whatever books interest you. Read up on calculus too, specifical differential equations and vector calculus. Knowing at least the basics of these will help massively when your teacher starts throwing up equations and proofs with little explanation.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook