Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beijing's penis emporium

1. Oct 31, 2007 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/5371500.stm

Honey, PLEASE don't play with your food.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 31, 2007 #2

Curious3141

Homework Helper

It's all relative, really. I'm a vegetarian, and, trust me, I find what the rest of you savages (meant most endearingly, I assure you) eat digusting too. :biggrin:

4. Oct 31, 2007 #3
    I watched CNN's Planet in Peril a couple of days ago and they have all sorts of interesting things there, tiger penis etc. :yuck:

5. Oct 31, 2007 #4

radou

Homework Helper

It's all marketing. People go for exotic things (i.e. crap, mostly).

6. Oct 31, 2007 #5
    You got that right. In Japan they eat whale meat. Don't waste your time. It tastes no different from condor or spotted owl.

7. Oct 31, 2007 #6
    Japan and China serve up penis (penises, peni, penes, ??)---and we have:

[​IMG]

Re--member: You're not a man, if you can't!!!----so if you want to be like Bob.....

8. Nov 2, 2007 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's where I first saw it. Then, on The Daily Show, John Stewart mentioned that Sanjay Cupta's "four penis platter" is a big hit at parties. :rofl:

While in high school, I worked in a very good steak house [Basque style cooking] that had big ole cow tongues hanging in the fridge. As bad as it looked hanging there, the meat was in fact most excellent. It was like the most delicate and flavorful roast beef that you ever tasted. Also, the best tacos that I ever had were made with tripe, which is made from the stomach lining of a cow. Mexican Chorizo [in this case made from lymph nodes and salivary glands] is another favorite. But I don't know if I would try tiger penis...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?