Being a physicist-questions

• Physics
  • Thread starter mahindra27
  • Start date
Hi, i am an 8th grader and i was wondering about how it would be like to be a physicist! first of all what do you do as physicist (if you could go in detail about it that would be great) also i would like to know if it is a tedious job. its not like care but how much does it pay? if i were to be a physicist what should i currently focus on in school, like what subjects of course it would be math and science but i would like to know what branches in math and science i should focus on (i would most like be an astrophysicist). i would be glad if anyone could answer any of these questions

Answers and Replies

fss
At the 8th grade level it doesn't really matter if you "focus" on one thing or another- you're going to have to take the survey courses as well as the "Big 4"- Quantum Mech, Thermo/Stat Mech, Classical Mech, and Electromagnetism at some point in your educational career. Specializing in "astrophysics" usually doesn't happen until graduate school.

At the 8th grade level it doesn't really matter if you "focus" on one thing or another- you're going to have to take the survey courses as well as the "Big 4"- Quantum Mech, Thermo/Stat Mech, Classical Mech, and Electromagnetism at some point in your educational career. Specializing in "astrophysics" usually doesn't happen until graduate school.
thanks for the replay, it helped.