Being attacked by ignorance!

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Chi Meson said:
I had an arguement about light with a poetry major
Well theres your problem! haha. I would have pissed them off by making up a poem that sucked ass and gave it to him and told him "dude look, im better then Poe". If he wants to use stupid irrational logic, i'll use stupid irrational logic!

Pengwuino
Gold Member
moose said:
I remember when a kid in my german class last year said "What if a terrorist puts a nuke into the core of the universe... we would all die"
He wasn't kidding.
haha i would have been a jerk and started scaring people by telling them "how easy it is to build a nuclear bomb".

Pengwuino said:
haha i would have been a jerk and started scaring people by telling them "how easy it is to build a nuclear bomb".
Why didn't I think of that :bugeye:

jcsd
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Look Penguwino, I've trold yo enough times if two monkeys travel in opposite dircetions with velocity c then special relativity is wrong! The time time dialtion of one monkey should be viewed in tems of the projecttion of his four postion onto his four velocity!!!! A monkey not obeying Lornetz symmetry disregards special relatvity!

Pengwuino
Gold Member
jcsd said:
Look Penguwino, I've trold yo enough times if two monkeys travel in opposite dircetions with velocity c then special relativity is wrong! The time time dialtion of one monkey should be viewed in tems of the projecttion of his four postion onto his four velocity!!!! A monkey not obeying Lornetz symmetry disregards special relatvity!
You do have a point... I do enjoy penguins...

You are all one word god singularity stupid :biggrin:

ShawnD
Science Advisor
Pengwuino said:
The great thing about science is that everything is easy yet hard to do. The hydrogen bomb is as easy as A + B = C, but getting it to work is really damn hard.

About SR, is any of it actually proven? When I see a question in a text book with something like "you are traveling at 0.98c and you see a man. 2 hours later you see that same man. How much time has passed relative to the man?" and it expects an actual answer, I can't help but think some guy just pulled this out of his ass since such an experiment would be impossible to setup.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
ShawnD said:
About SR, is any of it actually proven? When I see a question in a text book with something like "you are traveling at 0.98c and you see a man. 2 hours later you see that same man. How much time has passed relative to the man?" and it expects an actual answer, I can't help but think some guy just pulled this out of his ass since such an experiment would be impossible to setup.
Well as to my understanding, theres particles all around us going damn well near the speed of light. Plus theres this muon that i hear is generated in the atmosphere but using newtonian physics, it shouldn't be detectable on the ground but it is since it's going so insanely fast.

jcsd
Science Advisor
Gold Member
ShawnD said:
The great thing about science is that everything is easy yet hard to do. The hydrogen bomb is as easy as A + B = C, but getting it to work is really damn hard.
You are thinking wrongly, SR is about monkeys not men. How can a monkey give birth to a man? That is why SR is wrong.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
jcsd said:
You are thinking wrongly, SR is about monkeys not men. How can a monkey give birth to a man? That is why SR is wrong.
Again, you are wrong, you clearly possess no understanding of Spontaneous Relativity.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
jcsd said:
I think you just hit on the perfect reply to thoses idiots; just go...

"So what your saying is that since monkeys can't give birth to men SR is wrong? Becuase what you just said is just as stupid!"

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
ShawnD said:
Whaaaaaaaa????

Are you serious?

Zz.

Pengwuino
Gold Member
And what I also hate is when people go "Why are you so damn defensive about this" when you tell them they are wrong and explain how SR works. I mean it's like people don't want to be told how the world works. Do they seriously read text books and think "damn this book is being defensive"?