Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Being sick

1. Oct 24, 2005 #1
    What can one do other than washing hands, blah blah, to not get sick? I really don't want to get sick this year :(

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2005 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Live in a bubble.

4. Oct 24, 2005 #3
    stop eating all that processed crap they sell you in supermarkets and fast food joints, for starts.

5. Oct 24, 2005 #4
    I thought of that, but ehhh, in the long run my immune system would suck.

6. Oct 24, 2005 #5
    I don't eat fast food. I don't eat too much processed crap though either, even though it's impossible to get away from it.

7. Oct 24, 2005 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

yah, live off vegetables you eat from your own garden. Then you can get beat up by a 15 year old girl.

8. Oct 24, 2005 #7
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I just don't want to get anything which would make me puke :(, I dont like throwing up

9. Oct 24, 2005 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Be a man, get sick, we all do it.

10. Oct 24, 2005 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I think all of the unnatural, pesticide laced, processed food I eat creates such a hostile environment, germs find it hard to thrive in my body, they move on to easier prey, you know, those people that eat all that healthy food. :biggrin:

11. Oct 25, 2005 #10
    Well I know what my mom would say:
    -Drink your carrot juice
    -Don't go outside with wet hair
    -Eat plenty of garlic (don't give me that bad breath excuse!)
    -Put some clothes on it's freezing outside!(this is assuming you don't have on 2 sweaters and a jacket already :wink: )
    :uhh:

12. Oct 25, 2005 #11
    I live off vegetables, and because I am not antagonistic there are no 15 year old girls that want to beat me up.

BTW- I have only been sick one time since I stopped eating animals. It was from ingesting bacteria from a dirty cup. I use my own cup so as not to generate garbage. I learned my lesson, soy bacteria can be nasty, so now I wash my cup regularly.

13. Oct 25, 2005 #12
    maybe this will do the trick: "An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.!" :rofl:

just don't forget to breathe man, you will survive! :wink:

14. Oct 25, 2005 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just knew soy had to be worse than eating meat! :rofl: Oh, wait, hmm...which site was it I found yesterday...in the Bird Flu thread in politics, I have a bunch of links about agriculture. One of those also had a table of hormones found in agricultural products (plants and animals)...the amount of estrogens per unit weight in a steer WITH an estrogen implant was hardly anything compared to soy...the difference even surprised me; I knew soy was high in estrogens, but didn't realize how high. :bugeye: :rofl: So, all those people afraid of hormones in their meat run off and eat soy. :devil:

15. Oct 25, 2005 #14

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

The best thing you can do is avoid crowded public places, and especially avoid children.

16. Oct 25, 2005 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Always good advice. :tongue2: They look harmless enough, but they're actually little disease-infested vermin, or walking bioreactors! :grumpy:

17. Oct 25, 2005 #16

Pengwuino

Gold Member

And they are just annoying as hell

18. Oct 25, 2005 #17

Mk

Damn, Pengwino, the more you say the more I like you!

19. Oct 25, 2005 #18

Pengwuino

Gold Member

You should be around when I go on my rants against all network television

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?