UFO Sighting in Belfast: Witnesses Speak Out

• Thread starter username
  • Start date
In summary, a UFO sighting was reported in Belfast, Ireland with only two witnesses. Some skepticism was expressed about the credibility of the sighting due to the witnesses' alcohol consumption and the fact that they were the only two people in the city to see it. The discussion also touched on the stereotype of Ulster people being level-headed and their familiarity with aerial objects. The conversation ended with a humorous remark about a UFO sighting over London being unlikely due to its vulgarity and potential upset to the Queen's corgis.
username
Altough only 2 wi9tnesses wtf seems to dtrike some osrt oftruth but then again highly statistaclly insignaiianct ooh well here it is:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/story.jsp?story=535416 [Broken]

I've seen B52s going over and you can hear them buzzing, but there was not a sound from this thing. And it was gone in an instant."

Makes me alittle sceptival already!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Lets get one thing straight: were they Catholic aliens or Protestant aliens?

(Oops - here comes my first warning...)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA maybe i will get a warning for laughing but still. However, as they are Irish it is customary to have a FEW drinks while working... :tongue2:

Seriously, does it matter if they were high up?? I mean, if it's Belfast city, there are bound to have been other people around, and chances are there would have been SOMEONE looking at the sky. I am a bit skeptical about the fact that they were the ONLY two people in the city to see this.

This might be a stereotype too, but Ulster people are famously level-headed - Belfast is no 60's San Francisco. Also, I reckon those folks have seen so many helicopters over their city day-in day-out they might be better than most at judging things aerial.

Of course stereotying a city - however positively - is no way to judge the veracity of a UFO sighting.

the number 42 said:
Of course stereotying a city - however positively - is no way to judge the veracity of a UFO sighting.
If it were, though, would a sighting over London indicate an authentic or false sighting?

Good question. And after some consideration I have come to the conclusion that a UFO sighting over London would have to be false. They just don't do that sort of thing over here - far too vulgar. :biggrin:

Besides, Her Majesty wouldn't stand for it. Upsets the corgis, you know.

1. What exactly did the witnesses see?

The witnesses reported seeing a bright, oval-shaped object in the sky with flashing lights. Some also reported seeing smaller objects flying around the main craft.

2. Were there any other explanations for the sightings?

According to the witnesses, the object did not resemble any known aircraft or natural phenomenon. However, it is always important to consider other possible explanations, such as weather balloons, drones, or unusual cloud formations. Investigations are ongoing to determine the cause of the sightings.

3. Were there any photos or videos taken of the UFO?

Some witnesses did manage to capture photos and videos of the UFO, which have been analyzed by experts to determine their authenticity. However, not all witnesses had the opportunity to take photos or videos during the brief sighting.

4. Has there been any government involvement in the investigation?

The government has been made aware of the sightings and is cooperating with investigations. However, at this time, there is no evidence to suggest that the sightings are related to any government or military activity.

5. Are there any theories about what the UFO could be?

There are various theories about the possible origin of the UFO, ranging from extraterrestrial spacecraft to experimental military technology. However, without concrete evidence, it is impossible to determine the true nature of the object at this time.