Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bell shaped curve and MS Vista OS

1. Jan 5, 2008 #1
    How am I relating these two seemingly disparate things? From all the many complaints I read about Vista it may be that this OS has reached or even passed the top of the bell shaped curve(for now) in usable and practical system features, as many users are complaining that Vista is a step backward except for screen appeal and as a result they are required to remove a lot of the bells and whistles installed by default so that Vista can better achieve the functional operating speed of older versions such as 98 and XP. Gates makes his OS so pretty, like a video game, that he seems to be obsessed with form over function, ands has lost the vision of what OS improvements are supposed to do for the end user.(Did he ever know this?)

Perhaps allowing the end user to select the specific features he wants instead of making him have to de-select them might be the place to start? And, by stating the positive or negative effect of adding or deleting these features in functional operating speed?

Am I dreaming, or is this a possibility considering the MS mindset?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted