Belt Conveyor Problem: Finding Length and Weight | Grain Density 700 kg/m^3

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the real length and conveying weight with given values of grain density, velocity of the belt, and height and width of the belt. The solution is shown in a picture provided. The real length is calculated using the sine of 30 degrees and the conveying weight is unclear without the specific height of the material on the conveyor.
hpla
hey ... i need help with this problem Grain density=700 kg/m^3
velocity of belt=1.3 m/sec
tan(theta)=tan(30)=0.6
hight=5m
wide of belt = 50cm

find:
1- real Length
2- conveing wight

look at pic

http://hh7.an3m1.com/Sep/an3m1.com_13608577291.png My answer : 1- sin(30)= 5\L
L= 10 * 2.5= 25m

2- conveing wight i need help with it

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Oh so many colors.
I don't understand how you tried to calculate the length, but the result is wrong. The tangens is not really useful here.

What is "conveing wight"? And do you have some height of the material on the conveyor?

1. How do I troubleshoot a malfunctioning belt conveyor?

First, check for any obstructions or debris on the conveyor belt or in the conveyor system. Next, inspect the motors, belts, and bearings for any signs of wear or damage. Make sure all components are properly lubricated and tightened. If the problem persists, consult the manufacturer's manual or contact a professional technician.

2. What are the common causes of belt conveyor problems?

Some common causes of belt conveyor problems include improper installation, lack of maintenance, and overloading the conveyor. Other factors such as extreme temperatures, humidity, and material spillage can also contribute to issues with the conveyor.

3. How do I calculate the capacity of a belt conveyor?

To calculate the capacity of a belt conveyor, you will need to know the speed of the conveyor belt, the width of the belt, and the length of the conveyor. The capacity can be calculated by multiplying the belt speed by the belt width and then multiplying that value by the length of the conveyor. This will give you the total volume of material that can be transported per unit of time.

4. How can I prevent belt conveyor problems from occurring?

The best way to prevent belt conveyor problems is to perform regular maintenance and inspections. This includes checking for wear and tear, cleaning the conveyor system, and tightening any loose parts. It is also important to properly train employees on how to use the conveyor and to follow manufacturer's guidelines for loading and unloading the conveyor.

5. How do I know if I need to replace my belt conveyor?

If your belt conveyor is constantly breaking down or not functioning properly, it may be time to consider replacing it. Other signs that indicate the need for replacement include excessive noise, frequent repairs, and decreased efficiency. It is important to regularly assess the condition of your conveyor and consult with a professional if you have any concerns.

Back