1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bernoulli's Equation?

1. Sep 13, 2013 #1
    Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 7.31.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 7.36.00 PM.png

Hi everyone, I am currently doing Physics at UNI but I haven't done it in high school. I was wondering if you guys can help me by guiding me on what to do? Much appreciated.

I am not doing a Physics Degree. I am doing Physics as an online course as an elective and I have no idea what the questions are on about as I have not done Physics since Year 10.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2013 #2

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

What have you done so far on the problem? What don't you understand properly?

4. Sep 13, 2013 #3
    I don't understand how to use the equation.

5. Sep 13, 2013 #4

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Bernoulli's equation has quantities like pressure, speed, and height in it. The problem statement has information about pressure, speed, and height in it. It appears, at first glance anyway, that substitution of the given quantities into Bernoulli's equation is the way to go.

6. Sep 13, 2013 #5

rcgldr

Homework Helper

Part of the problem statement includes the viscosity of water, but I don't think that you're supposed to use that in your calculations and instead assume an idealized flow, which is what most Bernoulli problems do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted