1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bessel function

1. Aug 11, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

so, without typing the whole thing (because I do not know how to use any LaTeX or similar program) what is the domain for the Bessel function J(sub 1)(x) = ....

2. Relevant equations

I am to understand that taking the derivative of this monster will give me some kind of answer, but I do not know what this answer means or why I should be getting it via the derivative of the Bessel function

3. The attempt at a solution

ahhhhhh....no

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2008 #2

Dick

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Are you using the taylor series definition of the bessel function? If so, then write out some terms and think where it might be undefined and what it's radius of convergence is. You don't HAVE to use TeX to communicate what you mean but it helps. Find a post that used TeX and click on the TeX and you can see how they did it. Otherwise be creative with text. You have to do something, '...' is not very expressive. There is a large variety of ways to describe bessel functions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?