1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best book to study for USAPhO?

1. Sep 23, 2006 #1

OVB

I'm using Halliday and Resnick, which is what a member of last year's physics team used. However, should I use something else to supplement this, or can I get semi-finalist status using this book alone?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 24, 2006 #2

OVB

did I put this in the wrong forum?

4. Sep 24, 2006 #3
    What's USAPhO? I'm guessing the Physics Olympiad. Which edition of Resnick and Halliday are you using? (Not that I know the answer to your question, but you might want to clarify in order to get more useful answers.) It's been a couple decades since freshman physics, but I do remember that the difficulty of problems differered quite a bit between the "Physics" and "Fundamentals of Physics" versions of R&H.

5. Feb 5, 2007 #4

OVB

Yeah I have fundamentals of physics, the fifth edition. I hear the new test is called "F = ma." does this mean that it is all mechanics?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?