Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Buy Has Man Arrested for Using $2 Bills

1. Apr 8, 2005 #1

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm having a hard time believing people don't know $2 bills exist. Doesn't everyone have one somewhere in their house just for the sake of having? Sometimes it just seems people are getting dumber by the day.

4. Apr 8, 2005 #3
    I used to...but i don't know what ever happened to it. Face it though, people are morons. Its not that they're getting dumber, more evidence of this is jsut coming to light.

Not much else to it.

5. Apr 8, 2005 #4
    Get them out of the genepool before it is too late.

That's all i can say about that

Fibonacci

6. Apr 8, 2005 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I would go back to the same place and try to pass three-dollar bills. :biggrin:

7. Apr 8, 2005 #6

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Guy goes into the dollar store and tries to buy something with a $19 bill. Cashier blinks, then asks how he would like his change: 3 sixes, or two nines.

8. Apr 8, 2005 #7
    I bet you would.

I lvoed the second story, i so wish i could do that. I would pay for everything in perforated sheets of two dollar bills, just to piss the troglodytes off.

9. Apr 8, 2005 #8

Whoes dumber, the cashier or the crook?

10. Apr 8, 2005 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think we should have a pi-dollar bill. Make change for that sucker!

11. Apr 8, 2005 #10
    OOOOH!!!

I want one!!!

Too cool. I would love to torture cashiers with it. Especially the particulary moronic ones who have no clue what the value of pi is.

It should just have a big pi where the number usually is. A picture of Euclid maybe? Or Poincaré? Even Riemann?

12. Apr 8, 2005 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rolleyes: As if the lines aren't slow enough with the cashiers who can't make change from money in integer amounts.

13. Apr 8, 2005 #12

But i would be entertained.

And by the laws of probability, there is a darn good chance the people behind me are just as ignorant as the cashier, in which case i really don't care.

14. Apr 8, 2005 #13

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

15. Apr 8, 2005 #14
  16. Apr 8, 2005 #15

learningphysics

Homework Helper

I didn't know about the $2 bill till I read this thread. I've been in the US since 1999 and have never come across one. At some point someone needs to be told about these things. Being unable to suck information out of the air is not stupidity.

17. Apr 8, 2005 #16
    In 99% of cultures, what you call being unable to suck information out the air, would be considered stupidity. You've obviously never read the articles of anthropologists, who like you, were also unable to suck information out of thin air.

18. Apr 8, 2005 #17
    It really isn't much more than once given public libraries (not to mention the internet), one should be marginally well-read. Above all this, this person was working as a cashier.

19. Apr 8, 2005 #18

learningphysics

Homework Helper

How does one suck information out of thin air?

20. Apr 8, 2005 #19
    It was your phrase, you tell me.

And besides, utter non-sequitur.

21. Apr 8, 2005 #20

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I think thats a little unfair to call stupidity. Its more of ignorance. I can see being in the US only 5 years not knowing what a $2 bill is. No one EVER uses one.... and no one ever talks about em. I think ive heard them mentioned on tv 1 time ever and if i didnt get $2 from my bank for my birthday (or wlel... they use to... cheap bastards! :P), i probably wouldnt have known they existed either.

Whats really funny though is this

"as stated by Baltimore County police spokesman Bill Toohey: "It's a sign that we're all a little nervous in the post-9/11 world.""

What does this have to do with 9/11!?!? "What?? Someone tried to pass a fake $2 bill? Must be a terrorist buying a cd player for his next airplane hijacking!!!"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?