1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Career Move

1. Feb 11, 2015 #1
    If I were to decide that I did not want to go through with a PhD in physics and go into academia, what would be the best career path job security/pay wise. Hypothetically I graduate with a BS in physics with research experience, would it be better to go to grad school for some other field (say ee or compsci), or would I be able to get a decent job with just a physics degree.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2015 #2
    Where do you live? Do you have the terminal degree-type of BSc or the preparing for grad school/PhD type?

Look at the companies you may be working for.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  4. Feb 11, 2015 #3
    Most people find it pretty challenging to get a job they actually want to do with only a BS in physics. Do a search for numerous threads on the topic.

The list of potential careers that include your going back to school is very long, and you'd need to give us a better idea of what you might want to do before we can dig into it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook