Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Chemistry Book?

1. Jun 6, 2007 #1
    Best Chemistry Book???

What is the best chemistry book out there with lots of practice problems and that allows a beginner to comprehend material the most? It should include all of the basic topics that a college course teaches. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2007 #2
    General Chemistry by Whitten

4. Nov 8, 2010 #3
    Re: Best Chemistry Book???

Hi, well I'm in chemical engineering, and I own Petrucci and Whitten-Davis, those are pretty good, Whitten's book has very nice graphics and both have a wide variety of problems, I've heard good things about Brown's Chemistry: central science too, Kotz is also a very nice one, and Chang's Chemistry is very famous but not very good in my opinion

5. Mar 29, 2011 #4

I really loved ISBN: 0618857486, general chemistry by Ebbing, 9th edition, also the book is on cramster, with all solutions in case you get stuck.

I think its conceptually well organized and an easy to read/ learn self guided way to learn chemistry.

6. Mar 29, 2011 #5

Well..I have heard for physics majors..
    those physical chemistry textbook can be a good way to learn some chemistry using physics you have learned..

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook