1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Chemistry Book?

1. Jun 6, 2007 #1
    Best Chemistry Book???

What is the best chemistry book out there with lots of practice problems and that allows a beginner to comprehend material the most? It should include all of the basic topics that a college course teaches. Thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2007 #2
    General Chemistry by Whitten
  4. Nov 8, 2010 #3
    Re: Best Chemistry Book???

Hi, well I'm in chemical engineering, and I own Petrucci and Whitten-Davis, those are pretty good, Whitten's book has very nice graphics and both have a wide variety of problems, I've heard good things about Brown's Chemistry: central science too, Kotz is also a very nice one, and Chang's Chemistry is very famous but not very good in my opinion
  5. Mar 29, 2011 #4

I really loved ISBN: 0618857486, general chemistry by Ebbing, 9th edition, also the book is on cramster, with all solutions in case you get stuck.

I think its conceptually well organized and an easy to read/ learn self guided way to learn chemistry.
  6. Mar 29, 2011 #5

Well..I have heard for physics majors..
    those physical chemistry textbook can be a good way to learn some chemistry using physics you have learned..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?