1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best college?

1. Apr 11, 2015 #1
    Hello guys,i am 16 years old and i love physics...I want to become a physician and i was wondering what is the best college to apply for when the right time comes.I am between MIT and University of Cambridge .. I also want to know how hard is to get accepted to those two or whats the qualifications !
    Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2015 #2
    First, I'll assume you mean a Physicist, since a Physician is a doctor and that has nothing to do with Physics.

Don't expect to get into those colleges. It is definitely possible and depending on how good you are may even be pretty likely, but don't rely on it. Apart from being VERY expensive, they are among the hardest to get into in the world, especially for Physics. You know how choosy moms choose Jif? Cambridge and MIT are even choosier. 98th or 99th perecentile SAT scores will be common among those who do get in, but past that I don't know exactly what the qualifications are.

To address the main question, there is no best college. There are many factors beyond a college's prestige, like cost and location and chance of admission. Thoroughly research all aspects of colleges you would think about going to. Good Luck!

4. Apr 11, 2015 #3

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So you are somewhere in the North Atlantic ;) ?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  5. Apr 11, 2015 #4

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You should write to both institutions and ask for admissions information. They should respond with the necessary qualifications and admissions forms to fill out and return should you decide to pursue it.

Competition for admission is intense and you should realize that these two institutions accept only a fraction of those applying for admission.

6. Apr 11, 2015 #5

WWGD

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why not just check the webpage and/or do a search on admissions and then ask more specific questions?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook