Best courses for SQL/Tableau online?

• Thread starter LinuxMicrosoftMCSA
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Courses
In summary: Your name]In summary, the person is looking for SQL and Tableau courses to become a software engineer. They have already completed a course on SQL and prefer visual and hands-on learning. They are also interested in transitioning into Java, Android, Swift, and iOS programming and are advised to focus on one language at a time and work on personal projects.
LinuxMicrosoftMCSA
Hi,
I'm currently looking for SQL courses and Tableau courses online right now. I heard that this is one of the tracks (the database track) to become a software engineer. I already did the SQL course on SoloLearn.com. I learn visual/videos so as long as I can take notes and kinesthetic/hands-on/experience.

I'm currently looking for more coursework on SQL and Tableau so that I can eventually transition into the Java/Android/Swift/iOS programming.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you are interested in learning SQL and Tableau for your journey towards becoming a software engineer. These are both valuable skills to have in the tech industry.

If you're looking for more coursework on SQL and Tableau, I would recommend checking out online learning platforms like Coursera, Udemy, or edX. They offer a variety of courses on these topics, and you can choose ones that cater to your preferred learning style, whether it be through videos, hands-on projects, or a combination of both.

In addition to online courses, I would also suggest practicing your skills by working on real-world projects. This will not only help you gain more experience but also showcase your abilities to potential employers.

As for transitioning into programming languages like Java, Android, Swift, and iOS, I would recommend focusing on one language at a time and building a strong foundation before moving on to the next. It's also helpful to work on personal projects or participate in online coding challenges to improve your skills.

Good luck on your learning journey, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

1. What are the benefits of taking an online course for SQL/Tableau?

Taking an online course for SQL/Tableau allows for flexibility in learning, as you can access the materials and lectures at any time. It also allows for self-paced learning, which can be beneficial for those with busy schedules. Additionally, online courses often offer a more cost-effective option compared to in-person courses.

2. What skills can I expect to gain from these courses?

By taking an online course for SQL/Tableau, you can expect to gain a strong understanding of database management and data visualization. You will also develop skills in writing SQL queries, creating and manipulating databases, and creating interactive dashboards and reports using Tableau.

3. Do I need any prior experience or knowledge to take these courses?

No prior experience or knowledge is required for most online courses for SQL/Tableau. However, having a basic understanding of databases and data analysis can be helpful in understanding the concepts and techniques taught in these courses.

4. How long does it take to complete an online course for SQL/Tableau?

The length of an online course for SQL/Tableau can vary depending on the course provider and the level of expertise being taught. Some courses may take a few weeks to complete, while others may take several months. It ultimately depends on the individual's pace of learning and the amount of time they can dedicate to the course.

5. Are there any certifications or credentials offered after completing these courses?

Yes, many online courses for SQL/Tableau offer certifications or credentials upon completion. These can be valuable additions to your resume and can showcase your proficiency in these skills to potential employers. It is important to research the credibility and recognition of the certification before enrolling in a course.