What is the best resource for critical thinking on the World Wide Web?

• Thread starter coberst
  • Start date
  • Tags
    ct
In summary, the best resource for critical thinking on the World Wide Web is a website called "The Critical Thinking Community." This website offers a wide range of resources, including articles, videos, and interactive tools, to help individuals develop their critical thinking skills. It also provides access to online courses and workshops, as well as a community forum for discussion and collaboration. Overall, "The Critical Thinking Community" is a valuable and comprehensive resource for anyone looking to improve their critical thinking abilities.
coberst
Best CT on www

If you do a google on critical thinking you will find 5 million Web sites. You will also discover the massive effort being made by education to teach Critical Thinking in our schools.

The best of these 5 million sites is said to be contained at http://writing.borngraphics.com/ . I have read only a small bit of this site but what I have read leads me to believe that it is a good place to start.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It must be the best, because it says so right there at the top of the page! I might question that assertion, but who am I to question the best critical thought site on the web?

Njorl

That is the Best Reply so far.

1. What is critical thinking and why is it important?

Critical thinking is the ability to analyze information objectively, evaluate arguments and evidence, and make well-reasoned decisions. It is important because it allows us to think for ourselves, make informed decisions, and avoid falling for false or biased information.

2. How can critical thinking be applied to information found on the World Wide Web?

Critical thinking can be applied to information found on the World Wide Web by questioning the credibility and bias of sources, evaluating the evidence and arguments presented, and considering alternative perspectives. It also involves fact-checking and verifying information before accepting it as true.

3. What are some reliable resources for critical thinking on the World Wide Web?

Some reliable resources for critical thinking on the World Wide Web include educational websites, reputable news sources, and online courses or tutorials on critical thinking. It is also helpful to consult with experts or professionals in a particular field for their insights and perspectives.

4. How can I improve my critical thinking skills when using the World Wide Web?

You can improve your critical thinking skills when using the World Wide Web by actively questioning and evaluating information, seeking out diverse perspectives and sources, and fact-checking information before accepting it as true. It is also important to be aware of your own biases and to remain open-minded when considering different viewpoints.

5. Can critical thinking resources on the World Wide Web be trusted?

While there is a vast amount of information available on the World Wide Web, not all sources are trustworthy. It is important to critically evaluate the credibility and bias of sources before using them for critical thinking. Look for sources that are reputable, well-researched, and evidence-based. Additionally, it is helpful to cross-reference information with multiple sources to ensure accuracy.