1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best distance learning program

1. Feb 15, 2010 #1
    Hi all,

I am a student at university of phoenix, and I am unhappy with the technology information systems degree I am taking so I want to transfer to physics. I want to teach physics someday starting at a high school level. I was mislead by my counselor the only thing they really have I can start next semester is bachelors of science education, which includes mathematics, which will have some physics in it. Thats not what I am looking for I want a specialized physics and astronomy degree, a PHD but I want to get a bachelors, masters, then the phd.

I started with the idea I'd rush through an associates program just to better my current career. But what I am learning now I already know, this means I do not look forward to class at all. I have been logging in the minimum times and doing all my work for the week in one day. The reason I decided to take physics is because after studying some of the tutorials here, and after cracking open my aunts old advanced physics book from high school, I have realized I have a passion to learn this stuff and I am talented at it. I would rather spend the next 10 yrs of my life working on something that I will really enjoy doing than to just get a promotion that I should already have!

My problem is I am a single father of three kids, I"m 31 years old and I spend alot of time teaching my kids. I need an online course, and I am not having much success in googling for an online physics degree. Is anyone here currently taking distance learning?? Care to give me some advice and recommend a school I can transfer to?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2010 #2
    From what I understand, Drexel has online courses. I'm not sure what part of the country you're from, though.

http://www.drexel.com/

EDIT: Wait.. I must have misread.. Are you living in Phoenix or just doing their online program?

4. Feb 15, 2010 #3
    I'm just in their program. I live in eastern kentucky, if I could find a program that helps single parents out I would take on campus courses as well however.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook