1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Dutch oven

1. Jan 7, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2008 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I was thinking of something completely different when you said "Dutch oven." Thanks for the laugh.

4. Jan 7, 2008 #3

turbo

Gold Member

It's pretty pricey, but that's the real deal for making casserole meals in the oven. Cast iron holds the heat well and a well-fitting concave lid directs condensate right back to the meal. If the lid for that Dutch oven fits a cast-iron skillet or frying pan (even if it doesn't cover the pouring spots of said frying pan) you have gotten extra versatility out of this combo. My wife and I have a Dutch oven with a 12" lid, a 12" skillet, and a 12" frying pan, and they are our most cherished cooking tools.

5. Jan 7, 2008 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Being funny by accident is not funny, unless the accident was funny but i did not have an accident i was being earnest, any way up, what other meaning can Duch oven have?
    Head scratch.

6. Jan 7, 2008 #5
    Lodge makes a very good Dutch oven. I've had mine for well over 20 years, its seasoned to perfection. Yes, you should buy it.

7. Jan 7, 2008 #6

wolram

Gold Member

Turbo agrees so i will shop around and see if i can get the same one cheaper else where.

8. Jan 7, 2008 #7
    Its when you fart in bed and pull the covers over your girlfriend's head to bake the smell in :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?