Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Dutch oven

1. Jan 7, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2008 #2

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I was thinking of something completely different when you said "Dutch oven." Thanks for the laugh.

4. Jan 7, 2008 #3

turbo

Gold Member

It's pretty pricey, but that's the real deal for making casserole meals in the oven. Cast iron holds the heat well and a well-fitting concave lid directs condensate right back to the meal. If the lid for that Dutch oven fits a cast-iron skillet or frying pan (even if it doesn't cover the pouring spots of said frying pan) you have gotten extra versatility out of this combo. My wife and I have a Dutch oven with a 12" lid, a 12" skillet, and a 12" frying pan, and they are our most cherished cooking tools.

5. Jan 7, 2008 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Being funny by accident is not funny, unless the accident was funny but i did not have an accident i was being earnest, any way up, what other meaning can Duch oven have?
    Head scratch.

6. Jan 7, 2008 #5
    Lodge makes a very good Dutch oven. I've had mine for well over 20 years, its seasoned to perfection. Yes, you should buy it.

7. Jan 7, 2008 #6

wolram

Gold Member

Turbo agrees so i will shop around and see if i can get the same one cheaper else where.

8. Jan 7, 2008 #7
    Its when you fart in bed and pull the covers over your girlfriend's head to bake the smell in :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?