Best ever Chritmas song ?

• Thread starter 12noon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses various opinions on the best Christmas song ever. Some suggestions include "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby, "Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End)" by The Darkness, and "Jingle Bells" played on chainsaws. Some other favorites mentioned are "Greensleeves," "Jingle Bell Rock," and "I Am Santa Claus." One person also mentions "Sleigh Ride" and "Christmas Festival" by Leroy Anderson as their top choices.

What's the best Christmas pop song ever ?

• Merry Christmas Everybody - Slade

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Fairytale of new york - The Pogues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizard

• Last Christmas - Wham

• Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid

• So This Is Christmas - John Lennon

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • All I Want For Christmas - Mariah Carey

• Something else...

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
12noon
What do you think is the best Christmas song ever ?
Reply to this thread with any other better songs you can think of.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, I think that's the right name not sure

White Christmas, my favourite version too date is a Guns N Roses version. Pure Heavy metal with a little bit of xmas spirit chucked in aswell.

There is also a good rap song on christmas its in the movie die hard part one in the limousine.

He has spoken

"Grandma Got Run Over by a Raindeer" by Elmo and Patsy

Deffinitly has to be the Darkness - Christmas time (Don't let the bells end) Sheer comedy genius!

You must be joking, that song isn't even funny.

Out here in the backwoods of Oregon where the "Silicon Forest" and the old growth forest form a border, a special treat can be heard playing on the local AM radio this time of year: Jingle Bells - played on chainsaws!

I put that right up there with [Ok the old people will know this] Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Sherman.

My real all time favorite: got to say it...Greensleeves.

Greensleeves is great, but White Christmas sung by Bing Crosby is probably my favorite.

My favorite "fun" christmas song is "I am Santa Clause" by Bob Rivers and Twisted Radio, performed to sound like "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath, hysterical.

Christmas Festival by Leroy Anderson.

Originally posted by Hurkyl
Christmas Festival by Leroy Anderson.

Sleigh Ride (ibid)

What makes a song the "best ever" Christmas song?

There is no definitive answer to this question as it is subjective and based on personal preference. However, some factors that may contribute to a song being considered the "best ever" Christmas song include its popularity, cultural significance, and ability to evoke emotions and nostalgia.

Which Christmas song is considered the "best ever" by most people?

Again, this is a subjective question and there is no one definitive answer. However, some popular contenders for the title of "best ever" Christmas song include "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey, "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby, and "Last Christmas" by Wham!

Do different cultures have different opinions on the "best ever" Christmas song?

Absolutely. Different cultures and regions may have different traditional Christmas songs that are considered the "best ever" within their communities. Additionally, people from different backgrounds and experiences may have varying opinions on what makes a song the "best ever" Christmas song.

Are there any scientific studies or data that determine the "best ever" Christmas song?

No, as this is a subjective topic, there is no scientific way to determine the "best ever" Christmas song. However, there have been studies on the psychology of music and how certain songs can evoke emotions and nostalgia, which could contribute to a song being considered the "best ever" for some individuals.

Why do some Christmas songs become popular while others do not?

There are a variety of factors that can contribute to a Christmas song's popularity, such as catchy melodies, relatable lyrics, and cultural relevance. The timing of its release and the artist's popularity can also play a role in a song's success. Ultimately, it comes down to personal taste and what resonates with listeners.