1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Master Program If I Want to Work in Machine Design/OEM Industry ?

1. Jul 28, 2011 #1
    Hello all,

I am a final year Mechanical Engienering student with a modest cGPA of 3.0/4.0 and aiming to do masters. I am hugely dissatisfied by the gain from bachelors degree and Masters in ME related field is an option I cannot write off.

As a diverse career, I found the manufacturing industry to be best in terms of diversity, application of knowledge (things are actually in front of you unlike materials or composites for example), option to work anywhere in the world and of course climb up higher to management positions. I might not be good at it but I want to work on designing production machinery since I think this way you can definitely go your own way and develop some ego/value in front of organization you are working with.

To go this way, which degree at masters level is appropriate for me ? I saw courses offered in Production Systems Engineering at RWTH Aachen, Germany to be relevant. Are they really relevant to me or I am mistaking it. If not, which other programmes would be right for me.

Also advice on choosing a country for masters study would be welcome

Regards

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted