Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Movie Of 2002

1. Spiderman

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. My Big Fat Greek Wedding

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Signs

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  7. Austin Powers in: Goldmember

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  8. Men In Black II

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jul 24, 2003 #1
    These movies made the most money and got some of the best reviews of 2002. Which was your favorite?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 24, 2003 #2
    LoL, they all pretty much sucked imo. Some of those movies didn't get much good reviews over at imdb.com either btw. As well as some of them got horrible reviews with the critics here in norway.

And when did only fantastical movies get to be the best movies?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2003
  4. Jul 24, 2003 #3
    I never listen to reviewers- they're all mostly idiots- for instance they said chicago was a great movie :P

I go by my own judgement and word of mouth

Toss up between Star wars and LOTR

5. Jul 24, 2003 #4
    Chicago WAS a cool movie

6. Jul 24, 2003 #5
    I hate musicals

7. Jul 25, 2003 #6
    Well Chicago wasn't 2002. And that is most definetly not a movie I would see. These movies are the 8 highest moneymaking movies of 2002...and personally I think at least 4 are good.

8. Jul 25, 2003 #7
    ahhhhhh! donnie darko all the way!

9. Jul 25, 2003 #8
    Richard Gere was there. that riuned all the movie...

I said LOTR: TTT altough the end was a bit of soap opera and the king of Rohan was more fond of philosophical questions when he sould just kick some orc a**

10. Jul 25, 2003 #9
    The movie lacked far too much philosophical issues like it is in the book. The problem is that in the film, of the little they put it, it's not done very well

11. Jul 25, 2003 #10
    Without a doubt, Spiderman was the best of all these movies. Most of these movies sucked ass, especially the Star Wars flick.

12. Jul 25, 2003 #11
    Star wars was awesome! Not as good as one or tow of the others but still awesome. And you guys shouldn't say these movies suck because in a way you determined them. THese are the most money making movies of 2002. Either your taste sucks or you aren't one of the many that contributed to spidermans over 400,000,000, and Star Wars and LOTR over 300,000,000! I mean seriously come on, are you saying all those people are wrong? I didn't really go by reviews, you can check some websites and you'll see that those are the 8 top moneymaking movies, in order (spiderman most MIB II least) I only checked reviews to see how well they did. Personally I agree reviews cant be trusted but a lot of people seem to think they do.

13. Jul 26, 2003 #12
    I have to say LOTR was the best movie. I say this because allthough i personally felt the last star wars was one of the best (ok,ok- it's mostly that scene where yoda's kickin butt), But Lord of the Rings appealed to a wider audience I think- The star wars freaks will fight that statement to the death, but I think its true.

Personal taste will vary- If you're not into sci-fi or fantasy flicks,then it won't hold true for you. I was stunned at how many people who went to see LOTR never read the books- for me that just added to the experience. Was sort of disappointed that they did cut out several key scenes, such as Tom bombadil, but overall a great translation to screen

14. Jul 26, 2003 #13
    Star wars was good, The best one was Spiderman

15. Jul 26, 2003 #14
    harry potter

Harry potter was teh best out of all those, i am a fan of austin powers, but how much of the same jokes can you take? in my oppinion the third movie was garbage, but thats just me. Harry potter on the other hand had a fresh story for the sequel and it proved to be just as good as the first, i personally can't wait until they make another movie. :)

Please visit this site:
    http://www.outwar.com/page.php?x=1354404

16. Jul 26, 2003 #15
    Probably TTT just ahead of Goldmember (it's my type of humour :smile:). All the rest were average or bad.

I actually preferred FoTR to TTT, but 2002 was such a bad movie year (as the last few have been) that The Two Towers didn't have much competition.

17. Aug 1, 2003 #16
    If yuo thought Harry Potter was the best, then why didn't you vote for it? It has 0% on the poll...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?