Which Online School Offers the Best Electrical Engineering Degree Program?

In summary, when choosing the best online school for a degree, it's important to consider factors such as accreditation, program offerings, faculty qualifications, student support services, and cost. Accreditation can be verified by checking with accrediting agencies or the school directly. Most employers view online degrees as equal to traditional degrees, but it's important to research the job market and industry. To ensure the quality of education at an online school, you can research faculty qualifications, student satisfaction, graduation rates, and choose an accredited school. Common misconceptions about online schools for degrees include that they are easier, less reputable, and not viewed as equal by employers, but these can be dispelled by choosing a reputable online school.
Jurgerc
Hello all. I am about to pursue a degree in electric engineering. Was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on ITT and any other suggestions of schools that I can take online.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What factors should I consider when choosing the best online school for a degree?

When choosing the best online school for a degree, there are several factors to consider. These include accreditation, program offerings, faculty qualifications, student support services, and cost. It's important to research and compare different schools to find the one that best fits your needs and goals.

2. How can I verify if an online school is accredited?

Accreditation is an important factor when choosing an online school for a degree. To verify an online school's accreditation, you can visit the websites of accrediting agencies such as the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. You can also check the school's website or contact them directly for information about their accreditation status.

3. Are online degrees viewed as equal to traditional degrees by employers?

In most cases, online degrees are viewed as equal to traditional degrees by employers. However, it's important to make sure the online school you choose is accredited and reputable. Some employers may also have specific requirements or preferences for certain degrees, so it's always a good idea to research the job market and industry you're interested in before choosing a degree program.

4. How can I ensure the quality of education at an online school?

To ensure the quality of education at an online school, you can research the school's faculty qualifications, student satisfaction ratings, and graduation rates. You can also look for reviews and feedback from current or former students, as well as information about the school's curriculum and resources. Additionally, choosing an accredited online school can also help ensure the quality and validity of your degree.

5. What are some common misconceptions about online schools for degrees?

Some common misconceptions about online schools for degrees include that they are easier than traditional schools, that they are not as reputable, and that employers don't view them as equal to traditional degrees. However, online schools can be just as challenging as traditional schools and can offer the same level of education and accreditation. It's important to research and choose a reputable online school to dispel these misconceptions.