1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best proofwriting book?

1. Jul 10, 2012 #1
    Hello, I am going to be taking analysis and to ease the pain a little bit I wanted to do a treatment of proof writing here for the next month. I am not sure which book to order. If any of you people who are more knowledgeable on the subject than me could let me know of a good book and an area of focus, it would be a big help to me, thank you

Justin

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2012 #2
    Back in September of Last year, I started studying this book to get me started on proofs
    https://www.amazon.com/Introduction-Mathematical-Proofs-Transition-Mathematics/dp/1420069551

I certainly wouldn't say its the best book of its kind, but it did help me tremendously. It covers basic logic, set theory, relations, functions, and it goes into the cardinality of sets as well. The last two chapters are on basic analysis and algebra. I think it's perfect for self study.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Jul 16, 2012 #3

Dembadon

Gold Member

5. Jul 22, 2012 #4
  6. Jul 23, 2012 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook