Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best science blog

1. Jan 10, 2009 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2009 #2
  4. Jan 16, 2009 #3

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Am I allowed to point out a fundamental error (as well as what looks too much like a deliberate cooking of the numbers) in the so-called analysis presented on the current front page of this "best science blog"? Or would that be off-topic? On the other hand, if I do, then does this become a back door entry to circumventing the Earth forum rules?

So unless a Mentor here specifically permits discussion of the content on this blog, let me just say that I'm wholly unimpressed and not particularly surprised.

If this discussion is not permitted here, you - meaning anyone that cares to - may call my bluff via PM.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  5. Jan 16, 2009 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A hidden agenda? Gokul, I'm shocked at the suggestion of it!!!

Not a blog, but right up there:
    http://www.theonion.com/content/index

6. Jan 16, 2009 #5

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know about agendas, but I do believe that it would be a pity for bad "science" to get free advertising on PF, yet remain protected against debunking by our own rules.

7. Jan 16, 2009 #6
    Anthony Watts is completely inept at data analysis; he's done things like plot different
    anomaly graphs (from different baselines) on the same axis, correlate time with time, and
    lovingly publish analyses that turn graphs upside down and claim the trend reversed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?