Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best science magazine?

1. Nov 13, 2008 #1
    Hello friends. I am a senior in college, majoring in physics, and want to know what the best science magazine for me to subscribe to would be. I would like a magazine that isn't impossible for me to read, but that isn't "watered down" either. Any suggestions? TY.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 13, 2008 #2
    Nature?

4. Nov 13, 2008 #3
    Hmm....seems pretty prestigious. What about Science? Is that one any good?

5. Nov 13, 2008 #4
  6. Nov 13, 2008 #5
    Nature and Science are generally considered to be of the same caliber, just one's American and the other European...

7. Nov 13, 2008 #6

Yes! I had heard about this one. According to wikipedia, it's pretty prestigious, and features only original articles. TY for confirming its quality.

8. Nov 13, 2008 #7

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Get an APS student membership if you are in the US. You will get Physics Today free with it. And if you are serious about Physics, you will need the membership in any case.

9. Nov 13, 2008 #8

Yes, but does Physics Today include information from other scientific disciplines? Clearly the focus is on physics, but I would like to know if you might find a few articles on say....molecular biology in there.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  10. Nov 13, 2008 #9
    I like Scientific American too.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?