Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Science Movies

1. Mar 8, 2008 #1
    My all time favorite (as far as I can remember) is The Andromeda Strain, although the book was much better(when isn't it?). Anyone else have some faves?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2008 #2
    In the vein of old movies Fantastic Voyage wasn't bad.

Modern Sci fi though:

2001: A Space Odyssey, Alien, Aliens, the original Star Wars trilogy, and I kind of liked the Cube as well, lowish budget, but it made up for it with a really intriguing plot, and last but by no means least Blade Runner.

4. Mar 8, 2008 #3
    mine is "dude where's my car", though it's more of an engineering movie

5. Mar 8, 2008 #4
    Eh, as far as that goes, I've always prefer "Half Baked." Thats more of an environmental science film though.

6. Mar 8, 2008 #5
    undrcvrbro : i love your username ! It hides soooo much information. I think this name really shows us what YOU are all about !

7. Mar 8, 2008 #6
    Easy, Real Genius, hands down one of the best movies ever.

8. Mar 8, 2008 #7
    And what is it that I am all about? Hiding behind a forum name and bashing other people? A little sensitive aren't we Marlon?

9. Mar 8, 2008 #8
    Took me a while to see it :tongue:

Is it true that there has been a book published that tries to say that everything in start wars is possible and not all made up? I heard about something along these lines, and I do not mean this to the extent of red/black men with horns walking around in robes and a light saber :devil:

10. Mar 8, 2008 #9
    How did you come up with this name ?

marlon

11. Mar 8, 2008 #10
    I like your username too. And that isn't meant to carry any ulterior motive, nor do I think Marlon's question did. And yeah why the name? As good as it is? :smile:

12. Mar 8, 2008 #11
    Under Cover Brother? Or am I missing something? :shy:

13. Mar 8, 2008 #12
    It's actually sort of funny. My name gets the same response of suspicion of some sort on this site as it did a while ago when I joined a forum for a popular talk radio show. The funny part is that the users on that site where predominately twenty something nincompoops who spend all day talking about a couple shock jocks, while you guys are mostly graduate level physics majors, professionals, or at the minimum, at least pretty intelligent human beings.

Yes, it stands for undercover brother! Ya got me! It's just something I used once on AIM a long time ago after watching the move "Under Cover Brother" (another great science film) and I just kept on using it on everything because its easier to remember.

Anymore questions?

14. Mar 8, 2008 #13
    I knew it "under cover brother". So, who's hiding behind a forum name now, huh ?

This pretty much proves my point...

Ciao

marlon

15. Mar 8, 2008 #14
    What point? Have I missed something?

16. Mar 8, 2008 #15
    That this dude is under cover. I know this person from another forum ! But i can tell you this : he is really nice

marlon

17. Mar 8, 2008 #16
    Ahhh right!

18. Mar 8, 2008 #17
    And what forum is that? I think you may be being a little paranoid...

19. Mar 8, 2008 #18
    You see Mayday, he's really nice...

marlon

undercover dude, here's a hint : Jennifer Love Hewitt

20. Mar 8, 2008 #19
    Seemed so, glad it's all cleared up. Welcome to PF, if we aren't that smart, forgive us undrcvrbrvr.

21. Mar 8, 2008 #20
    I just going to play it safe here and assume that you're messing with me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?