Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Betting on a Winner

Who wins ?

Poll closed Sep 10, 2004.
  1. Bush

48.0%
  2. Kerry

48.0%
  3. Nader

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Last minute twist (none of the above)

4.0%
  1. Aug 31, 2004 #1

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just for the heck of it...let's see how the political analysts on PF fare.

So who do you think is going to win the US Presidential Elections (not "who you'd vote for" but "who you think will win" ) ?

NOTE : The poll is a public poll. It closes on 10 Sep 2004.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2004 #2

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Kerry, for reasons posted in "Bush or Kerry".

Both the economy and Iraq are working against Bush.

4. Aug 31, 2004 #3

Gza

I'm going to "flip flop" from what I said in the "kerry or bush" thread and go with kerry. :biggrin:

5. Aug 31, 2004 #4

jimmy p

Gold Member

Republicans and Democrats were both 5/6 to win the presidential elections last time I checked.

6. Aug 31, 2004 #5

GENIERE

Science Advisor

I voted 5 :biggrin: times for the President. I know I can do better in the real voting booth.

7. Aug 31, 2004 #6
    Bush by 8 points.

8. Sep 4, 2004 #7
    At least your a real flesh and blood person. The Democrats register an army of the dead to vote.

9. Sep 4, 2004 #8
    You're just mad 'cause zombies don't like your health-care system :rofl:

10. Sep 7, 2004 #9
    No, bush is ruining the economy, the bilderbergers (big corporations) dont like that and will oust him in favour of kerry

11. Sep 7, 2004 #10
    Apparently looks good to me. I agree with the majority so far. But that's very few votes here, maybe it is not significant.

In France, the famous newspaper "Le Monde" is sometimes really hard on Bush choices. I do not even mention "Le Monde Diplomatique" which I love, but is really utopic somehow. That is those reading which lead me to believe Bush must loose. Besides, I saw a recent issue of "The Economist" entitled "Je ne regrette rien" (en francais dans le texte :approve:) : the economist. The Economist is very politically correct, but here they seem to me not so supportive to your president.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004
  12. Sep 7, 2004 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think Bush will win - unless something happens in the debates and people finally understand the meaning of the word 'puppet'.

13. Sep 7, 2004 #12
    Well, sure, IF that voting booth is in Dade County, FL.

14. Sep 7, 2004 #13
    They don't just summarily erase registered voters from their rolls in an act of abject desperation masquerading as routine "housekeepong" expedience.

15. Sep 7, 2004 #14
    Could it be that Bush is working against Bush too....or.....could it be..............SATAN?

16. Sep 7, 2004 #15

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Clearly even PF members go by their hearts, not their minds, when it comes to something like this.

All the polls show Bush ahead by about 10 points. Yet all the liberals (except for Adam) have picked Kerry to win. :confused:

17. Sep 7, 2004 #16

I, for one, admit defeat already. Bush will win because the Primary system used to select our party candidates is no less flawed than the old "party boss" system. The media seems to be the one that gives momentum to frontrunners, so that their efforts in upcoming primaries/caucuses virtually assures their success at winning enough delegates for nomination... hmmm well there was that thing with Dean........nevermind... who'd a thunk it at the time though? Kerry does not impress me as the BEST choice to win against an incumbent. Edwards does, but he isn't THE candidate... Kerry and Mrs. Tootsie-Heinz Kerry are unlikely to win in my estimation... still, being hardcore antiBush, I don't give a good ****amn! I'll do down with the {swift} boat guy by casting my vote for the TRUE truth...not the Swift-Boat Veterans for Truth that is reminiscent of say, The Democratic-Republic of East Berlin, or The People's Republic of North Korea....

18. Sep 7, 2004 #17

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

As I've been saying now for something like a year: its a foregone conclusion that Bush will win. The Democrats really need to take a step back and fix their party.

19. Sep 7, 2004 #18

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If Bush wins, it will have nothing to do with with what right or wrong with either party. It's just that the Republicans are far better at campaigning (and the people are far too naive), and that's what usually counts.

20. Sep 7, 2004 #19

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

C'mon russ. You couldn't have known this for sure, a year ago - and it's not even certain now.

21. Sep 7, 2004 #20
    Correcto Grasshopper: In my part of the country we call it marketing...and in politics the Republicans have had it sewn up for ages... trivia moment, by whom and when was this quote made?

"...I have an idea, if Republicans will stop lying about Democrats, we'll stop telling the truth about Republicans."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?