Betty White RIP - Golden Girls & Hot in Cleveland Star Dead at 99

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, beloved actress and TV icon Betty White has passed away at the age of 99, just shy of her 100th birthday. She was known for her roles in shows such as "The Mary Tyler Moore Show," "Golden Girls," and "Hot in Cleveland," as well as her appearances on game shows. She was a beloved and talented performer who will be greatly missed.
Physics news on Phys.org
According to her New York Times obit Ms. White was born in 1922, the same year as my late father and I am old as sin. I did not watch her more famous television shows such as "Mary Tyler Moore" nor "Golden Girls", but thoroughly enjoyed her stint as SNL host on Mother's Day 2010.

In one memorable skit she 'fought' several large young stunt-people, easily throwing them across the stage, through the 'magic' of choreography and camera angle. Since then, make believe recorded melees are known as Betty White Fights.

Last edited:
Likes Astronuc
I thoroughly enjoyed watching her in "Hot in Cleveland".

Likes Astronuc
She was great in everything she was in. R.I.P.

• Sad
Likes Astronuc and Klystron
So sad, she was very funny. R.I.P.

Likes Astronuc and phinds
StevieTNZ said:
Poor soul, and she was so close to turning 100 and in good spirits about it. :(
Born January 17, 1922, she was 17 days shy of her 100th birthday. As far as I'm concerned she got to 100, based on 99 years, 348 days, or 99.953 years ~ 100 years.

Likes Evo and Borg
Seen in my Apple news feed just now:

B3890A66-98DD-4197-9673-6CD31AB9EFA0.jpeg

I remember her for being a staple on TV game shows in the 60s and 70s, and for her stint on the Mary Tyler Moore Show.

I've been watching blooper reels from the Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds working with Betty White. They're pretty hilarious. She even did a promo for the first Deadpool film that I hadn't seen before. Too funny. Thank you for everything Betty White!

• Haha
Likes Klystron and collinsmark

1. Who was Betty White?

Betty White was an American actress, comedian, and television personality. She rose to fame in the 1950s and became known for her roles in popular TV shows such as "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "The Golden Girls."

2. How old was Betty White when she passed away?

Betty White passed away on January 17, 2022 at the age of 99. She was just shy of her 100th birthday, which would have been on January 17, 2022.

3. What were Betty White's most famous roles?

Betty White is best known for her roles as Sue Ann Nivens on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and Rose Nylund on "The Golden Girls." She also had a recurring role on the TV Land series "Hot in Cleveland" and made numerous guest appearances on various TV shows throughout her career.

4. How did Betty White die?

Betty White passed away peacefully in her sleep at her home in Los Angeles, California. The cause of death has not been officially announced, but it is believed that she died of natural causes.

5. What was Betty White's impact on the entertainment industry?

Betty White was a trailblazer for women in the entertainment industry. She was one of the first female producers in Hollywood and paved the way for other women to have successful careers in television. She also broke barriers by being one of the first female game show hosts and one of the oldest actresses to have a successful career well into her 90s. She will always be remembered as a comedic legend and an inspiration to many.