Beyond Belief Science talking about religion

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
Art
Actually, its a thread on the beyond belief lectures that has important scientists talking about religion in society with links (unlike your plane thread). Take notes art.

Its about the science of religion, and how the two are increasingly in opposition.
Important scientists can talk about religion all they like but I understood religious discussions weren't allowed on here not least because this thread, although ostensibly dressed in 'the emperor's new clothes', like your others quickly degenerate into mindless Muslim bashing :rolleyes:

No one is midlessly bashing muslims. Apparently, you have not wached the videos or kept up with the discussion. I love how you come in here with nothing better to do than try to lock my thread - go get a hobby. I would start with Infadel, by Ayaan Hirsi ali (former muslim).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2606255929315924267&q=Hirsi+ali+ayaan&total=208&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Gokul43201
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Jibakutai, and virtually everything else stemming from Bushido, has one important requirement: (crudely) to not fight an unequal. Masashige went on what was essentially a suicide mission against the armies of an opposing shogunate. The WWII kamikaze flew at warships of the opposing navy. To my knowledge, the use of jibakutai on civilian populations was rare.

Art
No one is midlessly bashing muslims. Apparently, you did have not wached the videos or kept up with the discussion. I love how you come in here with nothing better to do than try to lock my thread - go get a hobby. I would start with Infadel, by Ayaan Hirsi ali (former muslim).

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2606255929315924267&q=Hirsi+ali+ayaan&total=208&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0 [Broken]
Perhaps it is you not following your own thread
Then you are forced to confess that the reason Muslims blow themselves up is not due to some arbitrary, vague "culture", but because of religion, since if it was "culture", we would see Buddhists blowing up Chinese people.
and even claims that suicide bombing is so synonymous with the Muslim religion any Muslim who is not a suicide bomber is not a true Muslim
So? That would be because they do not follow their religion, and can thus not be called "Muslim", just like capitalists cannot be called communists
and you claim this isn't mindless Muslim bashing. Give me a break.....

As for your own contribution to anti-religion
Huckleberry, the conclusions most certainly do invalidate God in the biblical sense. If your 'religious text' is found to be in error, then its not the word of God. If its not the word of God its simply the word of man, and God cannot be the divine author of it. It seems that when shown wrong, you are holding on to whatever you can to rationalize a false ideology. What is so hard to believe that God is not real, anymore than thor or Zeus is not real? Im sure you would consider anyone that believes in thor to be crazy.

Art
Jibakutai, and virtually everything else stemming from Bushido, has one important requirement: (crudely) to not fight an unequal. Masashige went on what was essentially a suicide mission against the armies of an opposing shogunate. The WWII kamikaze flew at warships of the opposing navy. To my knowledge, the use of jibakutai on civilian populations was rare.
The request was
NOW ANSWER THE QUESTION! Where are the Buddhist suicide bombers?
the target in this context is irrelevant.

Perhaps it is you not following your own thread and even claims that suicide bombing is so synonymous with the Muslim religion any Muslim who is not a suicide bomber is not a true Muslim and you claim this isn't mindless Muslim bashing. Give me a break.....

As for your own contribution to anti-religion
Art, if you have nothing better to do, I suggest you get lost. Im not wasting any more time on you trying to provoke me. Yes, I contributed to anti religion because that was the point of what the conference was about. Maybe you should pay attention and read before yapping away looking foolish. See, here is why I dont respect you anymore Art: because you make wild claims, and many blatant anti-ameircan claims in the politics section, with no more reason than to blame the US. You just like to argue and provoke people lately. Art, you're a smart guy; but, its time for you to grow up.

PS, dont quote Moridin and say I said it. You need help. Leave me alone.

Last edited:
Art
Art, if you have nothing better to do, I suggest you get lost. Im not wasting any more time on you trying to provoke me. Yes, I contributed to anti religion because that was the point of what the conference was about. Maybe you should pay attention and read before yapping away looking foolish.

PS, dont quote Moridin and say I said it. You need help.
Cyrus I find your comments on religion offensive. I have never made any attempt whatsoever to convert you to my beliefs nor have I ridiculed what you believe or do not believe in. I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

edit Please don't lie Cyrus. I never attributed Moridin's comments to you, I provided them as examples of Muslim bashing to show that you did not appear to have been following the posts in your own thread. Please detail the anti-American posts I have made in PW&A. When originally accused of that it was in relation to my anti-war, anti-GWB views but as the vast majority of Americans now agree with my viewpoint does that make them anti-American too??

My comments are in line with the talks of what was said and held by the scientists in the conference I have linked. If you find it offensive, thats too bad. Im not here to please you. Now, if want to contribute to what was said in the conference, then go ahead. Otherwise, leave. Im out of patience for you waltzing in here uninformed and barking at me.

As for respect, go read the first chapter of Dawkins, called undeserved respect. How you can question anyones reasons for belief in any subject and their reasons for belief, other than religion, as if it is somehow something offensive to question. Why do you think you get a special pass on criticism for religious beliefs and get to play the 'im offended' card when someone does?

If you have issue with Zeus or Thor, go watch the video on Richard Dawkins talk on religion. Its taken straight from his mouth at the talks.

Also, why do you quote questions asked by one person a few pages back with answers from someone to a different person? Do you like to misquote people Art? See what I mean by provoking others. You just did it to Gokul. Seriously, get real.

Q: Did you even watch a single lecture video posted?

Also, muslim bashing? Did you miss the portion on christianity? Or are you picking and choosing what was said to provoke me Art?

Last edited:
Art
My comments are in line with the talks of what was said and held by the scientists in the conference I have linked. If you find it offensive, thats too bad. Im not here to please you. Now, if want to contribute to what was said in the conference, then go ahead. Otherwise, leave. Im out of patience for you waltzing in here uninformed and barking at me.

If you have issue with Zeus or Thor, go watch the video on Richard Dalkins talk on religion. Its taken straight from his mouth at the talks.

Also, why do you quote questions asked by one person a few pages back with answers from someone to a different person? Do you like to misquote people Art? See what I mean by provoking others. You just did it to Gokul. Seriously, get real.

Q: Did you even watch a single lecture video posted?

Also, muslim bashing? Did you miss the portion on christianity? Or are you picking and choosing what you want to provoke me with Art?
:rolleyes: You appear to have a serious reading comprehension problem Cyrus so I'll explain it to you. I responded to a post by Moridin. Gokul then replied to my reponse and so I replied to him quoting the context of my original response. If you still do not understand it perhaps you could ask a friend to explain it to you. Btw are you suggesting that because you and/or others slate Christianity as well as Islam that makes it all okay?? BTW I'm a Christian..

Art, for the last time. Please contribute or leave. Im trying my best here to deal with you.

Anyways, I thuoght this talk was somewhat interesting. The first speakers Q&A was not bad on the evolution of morality. I thought she made a good point about morality being taught to God in the one example she cites from the bible.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6288223549248832193 [Broken]

The second speaker (Loyal Rue) is actually a professor of theology. Im just starting that portion, so it should be interesting to hear from the other side.

Evo
Mentor
Locking pending moderation decision.