Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beyond neutrinos

1. Jul 30, 2008 #1

I am hunting informations about new physics.
    I am starting a phd in theoretical high energy physics. because of the funding (the part that gives nightmares) the subject HAS TO BE related to neutrino physics (in fact I am in a leading group in this field).
    So, what do you think (personal opinion) is the best link : neutrinos -> new physics ?

Double beta decay ? Leptogenesis ? flavors ? ...
    Please, tell me what you think.

Thanks in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2008 #2
    Why do you ask here then ? :uhh:
  4. Jul 30, 2008 #3
    Hello Humanino,
    I think we can always put this answer..
    we all work in labs or have access to books...

Anyway, this maybe different a bit. I want to gather the max of information, that's all..
    from people not only in my lab.
    Thanks anyway.
  5. Aug 2, 2008 #4

what do you think about neutrinos mass mechanisms, sneutrinos dark matter,
    neutrinos and Dark energy... ?
  6. Aug 3, 2008 #5
    I don't think there is any hope to relate neutrinos to Dark Energy. And sneutrino dark matter is mostly dead, I thought.
  7. Apr 2, 2010 #6
    What did you chose? I am currently studying leptogenesis so would be interested in your views if you ended up taking that route

8. Apr 3, 2010 #7

Science Advisor

I would suggest "Neutrinos as Majorana fermions"; this would mean that they are their own anti-particles and could be related to neutrinoless double beta decay which is forbidden (or at least duppressed) in the standad model. In addition this can be related to the see-saw mechanism for neutrino mass generation with a light and a rather heavy sterile neutrino.

I am afraid this is not really new as you work in group of neutrino experts ...
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?