1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Beyond neutrinos

1. Jul 30, 2008 #1
    Hello,

I am hunting informations about new physics.
    I am starting a phd in theoretical high energy physics. because of the funding (the part that gives nightmares) the subject HAS TO BE related to neutrino physics (in fact I am in a leading group in this field).
    So, what do you think (personal opinion) is the best link : neutrinos -> new physics ?

Double beta decay ? Leptogenesis ? flavors ? ...
    Please, tell me what you think.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 30, 2008 #2
    Why do you ask here then ? :uhh:

4. Jul 30, 2008 #3
    Hello Humanino,
    humm...
    I think we can always put this answer..
    we all work in labs or have access to books...

Anyway, this maybe different a bit. I want to gather the max of information, that's all..
    from people not only in my lab.
    Thanks anyway.

5. Aug 2, 2008 #4
    Hello,

what do you think about neutrinos mass mechanisms, sneutrinos dark matter,
    neutrinos and Dark energy... ?

6. Aug 3, 2008 #5
    I don't think there is any hope to relate neutrinos to Dark Energy. And sneutrino dark matter is mostly dead, I thought.

7. Apr 2, 2010 #6
    What did you chose? I am currently studying leptogenesis so would be interested in your views if you ended up taking that route

Soph

8. Apr 3, 2010 #7

tom.stoer

Science Advisor

I would suggest "Neutrinos as Majorana fermions"; this would mean that they are their own anti-particles and could be related to neutrinoless double beta decay which is forbidden (or at least duppressed) in the standad model. In addition this can be related to the see-saw mechanism for neutrino mass generation with a light and a rather heavy sterile neutrino.

I am afraid this is not really new as you work in group of neutrino experts ...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?