Bianca Dittrich saves the loopski bacon?

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a paper by Dittrich which introduces a new method for generating more observables in canonical GR, leading to the possibility of more progress in the Loop program with less complexity. The participants also express excitement and admiration for Dittrich's work and discuss the potential implications for the physics department, with one participant joking about becoming a Dean.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Just as I was going to simplify my life by going all out Triangles
along comes this paper where
she's got a line on the loopski hamiltonian.

http://arxiv.org/gr-qc/0507106

or suspiciously like that.

selfAdjoint or somebody. tell me what's wrong
or that I'm dreaming. It looks to me like the kind of
things that were SUPPOSED to happen in the Loop program
are little by little happening. And maybe going a bit lighter
on the machinery than with the earlier masterconstraint
methodology. more the eagle feather and less of the cudgel.
or am I mistaken?

previous entry flagging this paper:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=690128&postcount=371
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=690128#post690128

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes Marcus, I've been studying this Dittrich paper, and it seems to be very exciting. As she says, decades of work by GR theorists, string theorists, and quantum gravity theorists have only come up with ten complete observables, plus one extra that some bright researcher found, whereas there must be beaucoup of them because canonical GR has a continuum of first class constraints. "For each point [tex]\sigma \in \Sigma [/tex]there are d diffeomorphism constraints..." (sentence leading to equation (35), which displays the form of the constraints. Now she has a method for generating many, many more.

selfAdjoint said:
Yes Marcus, I've been studying this Dittrich paper, and it seems to be very exciting.

Let's send her flowers :wink:

With thinking like that you'll be a Dean someday.

ohwilleke said:
With thinking like that you'll be a Dean someday.

Sounds great! I'll appoint Renate Loll to chair the physics department!
How many secretaries do Deans get?

Last edited:

What is the main concept behind "Bianca Dittrich saves the loopski bacon?"

The main concept behind "Bianca Dittrich saves the loopski bacon" is that Bianca Dittrich, a scientist, has discovered a way to save the world from a catastrophic event known as the "loopski bacon." This event threatens to destroy the planet, and it is up to Bianca to find a solution to prevent it.

Who is Bianca Dittrich and what is her role in "Bianca Dittrich saves the loopski bacon?"

Bianca Dittrich is the main protagonist and a highly skilled scientist who has been studying the "loopski bacon" phenomenon. She is responsible for finding a solution to save the world from this catastrophic event.

What is the "loopski bacon" and why is it a threat to the planet?

The "loopski bacon" is a term used to describe a catastrophic event that could potentially destroy the planet. It is a looped chain reaction of events that would cause widespread destruction and chaos. This threat is caused by a combination of natural and man-made factors.

What makes "Bianca Dittrich saves the loopski bacon" unique compared to other science-themed stories?

"Bianca Dittrich saves the loopski bacon" stands out from other science-themed stories because it combines elements of science fiction, adventure, and mystery. It also highlights the importance of scientific research and collaboration in solving global issues.

Is "Bianca Dittrich saves the loopski bacon" based on real science?

While the story may contain scientific concepts and theories, it is ultimately a work of fiction. However, it does explore real-world issues and the potential consequences of not addressing them. The story also showcases the importance of scientific research and innovation in finding solutions to global problems.