What are the latest advancements in optics research?

• Thread starter LeonhardEu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the speaker is taking an optics course and has to do a bibliographic research on a topic of their choice. They are looking for ideas with a focus on modern scientific research. They mention reading about invisible cloaks and a recent development by a Greek scientist, but they are not well-versed in optics.
LeonhardEu
I have taken for this semester an optics course and my teacher will ask us to do a bibliographic research on an optic's subject of our selection.
I was interested in finding good topics maybe with a research attention from the modern scientific world. Any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
LeonhardEu said:
I have taken for this semester an optics course and my teacher will ask us to do a bibliographic research on an optic's subject of our selection.
I was interested in finding good topics maybe with a research attention from the modern scientific world. Any ideas?

What are your thoughts so far?

I have read some articles on invisible cloaks and the creation of a prototype in November from a Greek scientist but I am not really into optics and I don't know what's going on right now in this field.

What is bibliographic homework?

Bibliographic homework is a form of research assignment that requires students to compile a list of sources used in their work. This includes books, articles, websites, and other materials that have been referenced or consulted.

Why is bibliographic homework important?

Bibliographic homework is important because it helps students develop research skills and learn how to properly cite sources. It also ensures that their work is based on credible and reliable information.

What information should be included in a bibliographic entry?

A bibliographic entry typically includes the author's name, title of the source, publication date, and relevant publication information such as the name of the publisher or journal. For online sources, the URL and access date may also be included.

What are some common citation styles used in bibliographic homework?

Some common citation styles used in bibliographic homework include MLA, APA, and Chicago. These styles have specific guidelines for formatting and organizing bibliographic information.

How can I avoid plagiarism in my bibliographic homework?

To avoid plagiarism in your bibliographic homework, make sure to properly cite all sources used in your work. This includes both direct quotes and paraphrased information. It is also important to use your own words and ideas and to give credit to the original authors.