Did the Big Bang create the most massive black hole in the universe?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of the big bang and how it relates to black holes and gravity. The question of why the big bang did not create the most massive black hole is raised, and the idea of inflation is brought up as a possible explanation. The conversation also touches on string theory and the creation of the universe. Ultimately, the conversation highlights the complexity and unknown aspects of the big bang theory.
gmmo1971
I've been watching videos and reading about black holes and big
bang and many questions puzzle me. But here's one that I don't really get it.

How the big bang even started since it had all
mass of the universe in it. Therefore its gravitational pull in itself
would surpass any mass of any black hole in the entire universe.
In other words, why the big bang did not generate the most
massive black hole ever instead of expand into the universe?

thx!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
This may help - but you will likely have to dig. I would think that once you start digging you will love what you find.

This "guy" seems to be one of the most down-to-earth scientists around. He has great ways of making people understand things that may otherwise be too complex or beyond many peoples ability to comprehend.

http://mkaku.org/"

Last edited by a moderator:
i was reading one of his books. Will take a look again, but I found this article from a similar thread than mine:

http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/read/essays/nathist/greateststoryevertold

it seems like in the beginning of everything gravity did not exist yet.

I wonder if there are astrophysics student out there to confirm the article above. Or else why right after gravity was created it did not act instantly to form a big crunch, instead of the universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting question. there are many reasons, but the main reason for such would have to be inflation. at the moment of the big bang, the fundamental forces were unified, so the energy and spacetime around it could expand faster than light. this is a watered down version of the theory but it does explain why. look if up if you want to know more.

noone really knows much about the big bang. many people have different theories about it so its basically just an assumption.
but once i did ask my physics teacher that "what was before the big bang?" ofc its a stupid question, because you can't answer it. before the big bang there were no dimensions yet, therefore no gravity. that's why it didnt collapse.

Not that this helps you but:

Something bothers me, string theory says that to branes, or 2 universes crashed into each other and created the big bang. Wouldn't the 2 branes get any scratches or rips? Because string theory says that these branes can be bent in different shapes, but not riped. It's just strange that so much force doesn't cut any of the branes. That's only my hypothesis though. I guess i'll have to dig on this one. If there is anything to dig through.

Maybe that wasn't too well thought through, and it's maybe a stupid question. But still, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask! right? As i said when i joined this forum, I am your daily resource for meaningless posts!

shawn77 said:
interesting question. there are many reasons, but the main reason for such would have to be inflation. at the moment of the big bang, the fundamental forces were unified, so the energy and spacetime around it could expand faster than light. this is a watered down version of the theory but it does explain why. look if up if you want to know more.

Correct and only once the universe had entered the quark and hadron epoch, did we really have the dissemination/de-unification of the 4 fundamental forces. This is well after inflation (when the universe's scale factor increased exponentially).

Since the Big Bang created all the matter & and the universe, it would of created gravity as well. That much force of the bang would break through any gravity field that's why it started coming back together after the "dust" settled?

Wow, that is a weird idea.

You make an interesting point, AOM.

1. What is the Big Bang theory?

The Big Bang theory is a scientific explanation for the origin of the universe. It suggests that the universe began as a single, extremely hot and dense point, and has been expanding and cooling ever since.

2. How did the Big Bang happen?

The exact cause of the Big Bang is still unknown, but scientists theorize that it was a result of a singularity, or a point of infinite density and temperature, expanding rapidly and releasing a tremendous amount of energy.

3. What evidence supports the Big Bang theory?

Scientists have gathered evidence from various fields, such as astronomy, physics, and cosmology, to support the Big Bang theory. Some of this evidence includes the expansion of the universe, the cosmic microwave background radiation, and the abundance of light elements.

4. What are black holes?

Black holes are regions in space where the gravitational pull is so strong that not even light can escape. They are formed when a massive star dies and collapses in on itself, creating a singularity with infinite density and gravity.

5. Can anything escape from a black hole?

Once an object crosses the event horizon of a black hole, it is believed that it cannot escape. However, some theories suggest that information may be able to escape through Hawking radiation, which is a type of radiation emitted by black holes.