Big Blast, Mushroom Cloud Reported in N.Korea

• News
  • Thread starter polyb
  • Start date
Hello Plover,

I wasn't arguing for or against any particular idea of what the nature of the explosion had been. ---Plover.
I'm sorry if you inferred that i was disecting your point. I was merely continuing the conversation on the subject.

-------

Hello Smurf,

What I want to know is why some sort a picture of this hasn't surfaced yet. ---Smurf.
Well there is a consumer bit of software at KeyHole, with a community of users that offer satellite pics of that North Korean region. (there's an attachment, but not sure of the date of that specific pic)

Here's a little diddy on Keyhole:

Keyhole 2 NV is a software application that you download and install. It’s only 9MB, but with a Keyhole subscription (monthly or annual), you can fly through 12+ Terabytes of Earth imagery and data – spinning, rotating, tilting, and zooming. And you can switch planets and explore Mars as well!
-----------------

Hi Locrian,

If the South Koreans no longer believe this was a nuclear explosion (and that their intelligence was bad), is there any evidence we should? Is there something I missed in the news about this? ---Locrian.
Well as it's no longer news du jour of the day, this headline has conviently gone under the rug. We'll see in the coming months if truly there is any radiation fall-out in the region. (from people and livestock dropping dead) Otherwise i hope very much that i'm wrong, and it truly was a hydrodam evacvation clearing project.

Nuclear Poker?

In either case of N. Korea possesing nuclear weapons or not, they are now uping the stakes, or so goes this article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04268/384518.stm [Broken]

Even though there is no conclusive evidence either way, little Kim is using the card!

Wait and see I guess.

Update:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040928/ap_on_re_as/un_north_korea_7 [Broken]

So the plot thickens!

Last edited by a moderator: