Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Big Hero 6

1. Nov 10, 2014 #1
    In reference to sarcasm in another thread, no it is NOT as good as Interstellar. But it was a quite good film for the most part. It actually shares the optimism about the future that is much needed lately, as well as a fairly realistic picture of what science development is like. (Compared to Dr Who, which lately seems to have learned physics from Harry Potter.)

I liked the floating wind turbines above San Frantokyo, but I couldn't help wondering what fraction of the public would understand what they were supposed to be.

The only big problem for me: Hero's nanobots were so powerful at the beginning that I couldn't help wondering what he even needed to go to college for. It seems they also made some rather huge changed from the comics, so Marvel fans might not be happy.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2014 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Well, that's YOUR opinion. Personally, I and all of the other 7 year olds there liked it better.

4. Nov 11, 2014 #3
  5. Nov 11, 2014 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I don't put any stock in that kind of stat. Guardians of the Galaxy got huge $$$ the first weekend and I thought it was really bad.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook