Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Big Problem

1. Sep 25, 2004 #1
    Hi y'all,...

I got a big problem. I would really like a cool picture of my all time favourite actor under my name...How do I do this, is this even possible ???

thanks in advance

regards
    marlon

eeuuhh, for those who did not get it yet... the picture will be one of Marlon Brando ofcourse... :wink: :cool:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 25, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

You have to be a contributor now to get a picture (avatar). Only non-contributors that had avatars prior to the last upgrade still have them.

4. Sep 25, 2004 #3
    hey then i must be very lucky to still have mine then

5. Sep 26, 2004 #4

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The link to contribute is in my sig, if you're interested.

6. Sep 26, 2004 #5
    I had an avatar prior to the last upgrade. Then, after a few days, it disappeared...

7. Sep 27, 2004 #6

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe you tried to edit it?

8. Sep 27, 2004 #7
    No, enigma, I think it has to do that it was a avatar that you picked from the site itself. I also had an avatar, but I picked it from the selected ones on the site. I think only the people who had custom avatars prior kept them.

Paden Roder

9. Sep 27, 2004 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yep, that's what happened to me too (I wasn't a contributor yet). I think you're right about that. If you had a "borrowed" avatar from PF, those very quickly disappeared. Those who had custom avatars seem to have gotten to keep those, at least until they make the mistake of trying to change them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?