1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

BIG task for BIG heads

1. Feb 25, 2009 #1
    We need solve a problem, how to make screw (helical) movement of the sheet of papper inside tubular and feed. If you look at the picture A is the tube (it will be rotate), B is sheet of paper ( we need go throw tubular like screw), and C is additional rollers for holding the paper inside of tube. So it will be works ? Or have any other idea?? Thx for any solution..
    You are the masters
    http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1559/task.th.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 25, 2009 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Welcome to PF, Kozlow.
    I'm sorry to say it, but I can't get much out of either the picture or your question. Is the idea to twist the paper into a tube such as a paper-towel core?
    If I'm following the drawing correctly, it looks to me as if it would just tear the paper at the entry point.

4. Feb 26, 2009 #3

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I second what Danger said. Is there any way you can provide a better, more detailed design statement?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook