Big Test Prep Questions (3 of 3)

• Thread starter Tom McCurdy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the conversation involved a review test where the person was struggling to remember content from earlier in the year. They also discussed the air drag force on the Hindenburg airship at a speed of 77 knots and with engines providing 4800 hp, calculating the force to be 90.3 kN. The person also asked about the relation between power and velocity.
Tom McCurdy
Alright we are having a review test and I needed to go back to the stuff we did earlier this year and I am having some trouble remembering what to do...
:shy: how can i forget this stuff you ask... I don't know

The hydrogen-filled airship Hindenburg could curise at 77 knots with the engines providing 4800 hp. Calcualte the air drag force in Newtons on the airship at this speed.

For convince
77 knots = 39.6122 m/s
4800 hp = 3.57936*10^6

Answer:90.3 kN

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you know how power is related to velocity ? Look up the relation. That should give you the answer.

Power=Force*velocity

P=W/t

Forgive me for even asking that question...

I should fail for that alone. I looked right over the forumula... usually are problems arent' this easy thanks for the help

What is the best way to prepare for a big test?

The best way to prepare for a big test is to create a study schedule and stick to it. Make sure to review all of the material, practice with sample questions, and get a good night's sleep before the test.

How early should I start preparing for a big test?

It is recommended to start preparing for a big test at least a week in advance. This will give you enough time to review all the material and practice with sample questions without feeling rushed or overwhelmed.

What are some effective study strategies for big tests?

Some effective study strategies for big tests include breaking down the material into smaller sections, using flashcards, and actively engaging with the material by summarizing and discussing it with others.

How can I manage test anxiety when preparing for a big test?

To manage test anxiety, try to stay organized and create a study plan. Take breaks while studying and make sure to get enough sleep. Also, practicing relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or meditation, can help reduce anxiety.

Is it helpful to take practice tests when preparing for a big test?

Yes, taking practice tests can be very helpful when preparing for a big test. It allows you to become familiar with the test format and types of questions, as well as identify any areas where you may need more review.