Bikini Waxing to be Illegal in NJ

• Thread starter LowlyPion
  • Start date
In summary: HA.In summary, NJ is banning bikini waxing because it's addictive and can be addictive. The state is also worried about health and safety implications.
LowlyPion
Homework Helper
Yikes. No more genital waxing in NJ.
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20090313_N_J__salon_owners_to_state__Mind_your_own__quot_B_quot__wax.html

Things could get hairy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
LOL. That is just wrong. LOL

I bet PA sees an increase in the number wax victims.

Gives a whole new meaning to getting waxed by The Mob.

Why would a state decide that a bikini wax is illegal?

LowlyPion said:
Things could get hairy.

:rofl:

If I had the cash I'd open up a bikini wax shop in NYC right now with a special discount for Jersey residents. I'd make a killing!

"I really don't know if the state can stop it at this point," she said. "I know a lot of women who are hooked."

I never knew that getting a wax was addictive. Perhaps some control measures should be considered.

misgfool said:
I never knew that getting a wax was addictive. Perhaps some control measures should be considered.

Wax abuse is a good way to fry your brain.

Monique said:
All fun aside, it's not that the wax itself is illegal, it's that they won't let cosmeticians perform it. Going to pass it to qualified derms I guess. Probably a health/safety rationale. It's in the article.

lisab said:
Wax abuse is a good way to fry your brain.

Finally some things start to make perfect sense.

Monique said:
Presumably because they have alreay solved all the problems of crime, drugs, violence, homelessness etc in NJ and can now deal with the few odds and ends which stop it being a paradise on Earth.

I remember being on the roof of the WTC in 1998. The view was spectacular all the way around, except for one miserable looking patch to the southwest. I asked my friend, "What's that over there?" He said, "That's Jersey".

mgb_phys said:
Presumably because they have alreay solved all the problems of crime, drugs, violence, homelessness etc in NJ and can now deal with the few odds and ends which stop it being a paradise on Earth.

They should start with the name.

New Jersey won't even let you pump your own gas. I guess those NJ'ers can't do anything right.

Now jimmysnyder will either have to get waxed is some back-alley dive or make a trip to Philly before he hits Aruba next year.

Duct tape thongs make bikini waxing obsolete, anyway. They look cool, don't slip (no embarrassingly revealing moments), and automatically take care of the hair problem evey time they're removed.

They can cause bladder problems in a few wearers that seem to like their thongs so much that they never want to take them off.

Hmmm, I had planned on showing a demo video of a duct tape thong. It's not that I couldn't find any - it's just that they're all slightly disturbing.

BobG said:
Duct tape thongs make bikini waxing obsolete, anyway.

They may be illegal in NJ anyway. For instance I think Saran Wrap is already not sold to minors there because of its potential for prophylactic use.

So duct tape ... there's a 1001 uses for that. It must be a controlled substance there.

The good thing about duct-tape thongs is that you can ride motorcycles at 200 mph without fear of losing them in the wind. NASCAR swears by the stuff.

Last edited:
BobG said:
Duct tape thongs make bikini waxing obsolete, anyway. They look cool, don't slip (no embarrassingly revealing moments), and automatically take care of the hair problem evey time they're removed.

They can cause bladder problems in a few wearers that seem to like their thongs so much that they never want to take them off.

Hmmm, I had planned on showing a demo video of a duct tape thong. It's not that I couldn't find any - it's just that they're all slightly disturbing.

Only slightly :eek: ?

Bob, Red Green would be proud of you. :approve:

DaveC426913 said:
Gives a whole new meaning to getting waxed by The Mob.

Don't you mean "whacked" by the mob?

Wax on, wax off. Just leave Jersey for California, Kid.

No wonder waxing is illegal - ripping it off is sadistic.

Might this alter New Jersey's state animal to that of the "hairy clam?" :tongue2: :biggrin:

They got it all wrong.

It should be illegal NOT to have a brazilian wax.

JasonRox said:
They got it all wrong.

It should be illegal NOT to have a brazilian wax.
I think JRox speaks with great wisdom.

There is going to be a lot more sightings of the Jersey Devil reported. HAHAHA

1. What is the reason for the proposed ban on bikini waxing in NJ?

The proposed ban on bikini waxing in NJ is based on health and safety concerns. Waxing carries a risk of skin irritation, burns, and infections, and the skin in the bikini area is particularly sensitive. Additionally, there is a risk of injury if the wax is too hot or if it is used improperly. The ban aims to protect individuals from these potential risks.

2. Will this ban apply to all types of bikini waxing?

Yes, the proposed ban in NJ would apply to all types of bikini waxing, including traditional waxing methods, sugaring, and laser hair removal. Any hair removal method that involves removing hair from the pubic area with hot wax or other methods would be prohibited under the proposed legislation.

3. How will this ban be enforced?

If the ban is passed and becomes law, it will be enforced by the state's health department. Beauty salons and spas that offer bikini waxing services will be subject to routine inspections to ensure compliance with the ban. Violators may face fines and other penalties.

4. What are the potential consequences of banning bikini waxing in NJ?

The ban on bikini waxing in NJ could have a significant impact on the beauty industry and individuals who regularly receive these services. Many salons and spas may see a decrease in revenue, and individuals may have to seek alternative hair removal methods. However, the ban aims to promote alternative, safer methods of hair removal, such as trimming or shaving, which may have a positive impact on overall health and safety.

5. Is there any scientific evidence to support the proposed ban on bikini waxing in NJ?

While there is not a significant amount of scientific research specifically on bikini waxing, there are studies that have examined the potential risks and side effects of waxing in general. These studies have found that waxing can cause skin irritation, burns, and infections, particularly in the pubic area. Additionally, there is evidence that the repeated removal of pubic hair can lead to microtears in the skin, increasing the risk of sexually transmitted infections. Based on this research, the proposed ban in NJ is supported by scientific evidence.