Bill Gates

• Thread starter chound
  • Start date
This is not specific to Bill gates. I read some where "Bill Gates !something! $43billion. (!something! -I'm not sure what the sentence was). Does Bill have $43 in cash( like not his company) and he can go spending all his 43 without any problem and does not need to sell any of his company to spend his 43.
Why I ask this is becoz google is valued at 80billion. So the owners of google should be the richest right?

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
chound said:
This is not specific to Bill gates. I read some where "Bill Gates !something! $43billion. (!something! -I'm not sure what the sentence was). Does Bill have $43 in cash( like not his company) and he can go spending all his 43 without any problem and does not need to sell any of his company to spend his 43.
Why I ask this is becoz google is valued at 80billion. So the owners of google should be the richest right?
Google stock is owned by many investors. The value stated for Bill Gates is based on the value of stock he owns. Several years ago at height of the stock markets and internet bubble (1999), Gates worth was close to $90 billion.

Last edited: