Billy Meier: Swiss UFO Contactee or Fake Master?

• Thread starter RonRyan85
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Master
In summary: LOLIn summary, Michael Horn is a salesman who promotes books and videos by Erich von Daniken. He has a PR man in the US, who promotes Meier's work. Meier has clear pictures of UFOs, but some people are suspicious of his claims.
RonRyan85
Forgive me if this subject has been talked to death but I ran a search
and nothing came up so... what is your opinion of this guy and all of
his UFO photos (NON -grainy ones) and his book :"And Yet they FLY". I have
not heard of anything lately and still think he is a big fake. He writes
essays about how the USA is the big monster in the world and never
mentions other countries who tried to trash the Earth: Hitler's Germany,
Stalin's USSR and lately Sadam's Iraq. I heard that Meier had formed a
sort of a religious following in Switzerland and has a PR man in the United
States :Michael Horn? who sells his books and videos and speaks on
radio talk shows. I will admit that his pictures of UFOs are clear and
sharp but wonder how anyone could get so many pictures of the very
mysterious UFO even if he is a "Contactee". Some say "Why does he
never take any pictures from INSIDE the UFOs? (Beamships)?

What do you think? Is he telling the truth or is he a big fake?

Attachments

• Billy.jpg
    Billy.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 507
  • Billy M01.jpg
    Billy M01.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 674
  • Billy M02.jpg
    Billy M02.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 833
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I thought Meiers had been debunked a long time ago. From what I hear, this debunking has been debunked. So I have to start from scratch. No opinion.

Hmm, does the term 'messianic complex' ring any bells? You need not read very much of this to conclude Erich von Danniken is a skeptic compared to Billy Meier. Apparently some people do not have a sense of humor:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/8148/scam.html.
But, form your own opinion. A wealth of material is here:
http://www.figu.org/us/

Last edited by a moderator:
Meier claims to be a contactee. He is an all or nothing guy. I realize that it sounds absurd to even consider any such possibility, but I never judge these things by anything other than the evidence. For all that I know, he fell and hit his head or something. Based on what I know, he is a one armed photographer who has produced hundreds of UFO pictures and hours of video. Many of these are clear, close, color, daytime shots. I would think these have been completely debunked, but allegedly not so. This story goes back over thirty years and still continues, it seems.

Last edited:
Chronos, I don't see a date. I don't know if that's the debunked debunking, or a new debunking.

Edit: http://www.skepticfiles.org/ufo2/meierhx.htm

I think this is the case where the videographers were challenged to reproduce one similar video using models, and after ten years they have not succeeded in doing so. I'm pretty sure that this is the case.

Last edited:
Here is some more up to date information. Check out the pictures. I thought the simulated UFO photos compared quite favorably to the Billy Meiers selection. There is also a report on his 'prophecies', which makes them appear somewhat short of amazing.
http://www.iigwest.com/horn.shtml

Just for the record, what was discussed among the UFO crowd was a duplication of a video that can pass the same analysis as Meiers videos. Don't get me wrong, I thought this guy was debunked long ago, but fair is fair.

Ivan,

I hope this does not add fresh salt to anything regarding this.

A few years ago, Michael Horn, Meiers's newest messenger started his tour d'internet and eventually got banned from from one of them, ATS. At that time his website had more loose ends than a large pot of noodles. I was rather fond of the link to the "area" Air Force where "all would be revealed" regarding the veracity of the claim.

There are several points of humor the deeper one digs...

Delving deep in FIGU, you find that they have a serious interest in taking your money, almost on a tithe level.

What does ET need with my money?

1. Who is Billy Meier?

Billy Meier is a Swiss farmer and self-proclaimed UFO contactee who claims to have had ongoing contact with extraterrestrial beings since 1942.

2. What evidence does Billy Meier have to support his claims?

Billy Meier has provided over 1,000 photographs and 8mm film footage of alleged UFOs, as well as metal samples and audio recordings of his alleged conversations with extraterrestrial beings.

3. Are there any skeptics or critics of Billy Meier's claims?

Yes, there are many skeptics and critics who believe that Billy Meier's evidence is fabricated and that he has a history of making false claims and hoaxes.

4. Has any scientific analysis been done on Billy Meier's evidence?

Yes, several scientific analyses have been conducted on Billy Meier's evidence, including the photographs and metal samples. However, the results have been inconclusive and often disputed.

5. What is the general consensus among the scientific community about Billy Meier's claims?

The scientific community generally views Billy Meier's claims as lacking credible evidence and considers him to be a hoaxer. They also point to inconsistencies and contradictions in his claims as further evidence of their skepticism.