Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bin Laden is a Tyrant, says Bush

1. Oct 8, 2005 #1

mezarashi

Homework Helper

Do you agree? Quite a statement. In my opinion, nothing but empty propaganda from Bush. The ironic thing is that much of what he says simply reflects on himself.

This article from Japan Times concludes key quotes.
    http://www.japantoday.com/e/?content=news&id=351458

Here are my own favorite highlights taken from the official transcript from WhiteHouse.gov. For those who missed it. FoxNews.com still has a video recording.
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/10/20051006-3.html

Bush on Tyrants
    Bush on Giving Iraq to Bin Laden from Saddam

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2005 #2
  4. Oct 8, 2005 #3
    A tyrant is a ruler who uses fear to maintain control. First off, bin laden doesn't rule much, and secondly I think his main technique is fanatical religion, not fear.

Further proving Bush's inability to use english properly

5. Oct 8, 2005 #4
    I like the first quote. Seriously, I think he was subconsciously describing his own administration...

6. Oct 9, 2005 #5
    Nothing Subconscious about it, nothing at all. {He is!}

How many Americans have died, so far, to Serve GB's Grand Vision of Re-building Iraq?

7. Oct 9, 2005 #6

anti_crank

Science Advisor

I particularly liked the part where he claimed the US had been 'invaded' in 2001.

8. Oct 11, 2005 #7
    So he can't count

Yes well counting is something that....

Attacked yes, invaded? well, he seems to streeeeetch the truth a little to serve political purpose, resource aquisition.

Has anyone seen Bin Laden? is he still "confirmed-Confirmable" as Living?

Who has more Weapons of Mass Destruction available to them, Bin Laden, Or George Bush? so who then is the 'true' terrorist?

"So he can't count" can you?

9. Oct 11, 2005 #8

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I don't think this is an example of empty propoganda so much as it is Bush not knowing the proper usage of the term "tyrant."

10. Oct 11, 2005 #9
    Then he is an idiot.

11. Oct 11, 2005 #10

EL

Science Advisor

Not because of that...

12. Oct 11, 2005 #11

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

His lack of language comprehension isn't exactly a new thing. You should have seen the exhibit they had in West Hollywood on Halloween in 2000, just before he was elected the first time. It was a parody of a haunted house, but instead of being attacked by ghouls and goblins, every time you turned a corner, you were besieged by a bevy of W quotations. I really miss going to that Halloween parade every year.

13. Oct 11, 2005 #12
    It's not surprising he mislabels Bin Laden a tyrant. After all, he spent four years mislabelling himself as a President.

14. Oct 11, 2005 #13
    Wait a minute, Saudi Arabia and pakistan are not democracys, they are US backed DICATORSHIPS! What is he talking about??????

Internet is dangerouuuusssss.

is he talking about Colateral Damage???

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?