OBL Found: US Special Forces Surrounding in NW Pakistan/Afghan Border

• News
  • Thread starter megashawn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bin
In summary, a British Sunday newspaper has claimed that Osama bin Laden has been found and is surrounded by US special forces in a bordering area of Pakistan and Afghanistan. However, this claim has been denied by US sources and the story has not been reported by major news outlets. Some speculate that this could be part of a conspiracy theory involving the upcoming US election and the use of bin Laden as a political tool. Others suggest that bin Laden may just be a symbol and a tool for the "war on terror." Regardless, there is no solid evidence to support the claim of bin Laden's capture.
megashawn
Science Advisor
"Bin Laden 'surrounded'"

A BRITISH Sunday newspaper is claiming Osama bin Laden has been found and is surrounded by US special forces in an area of land bordering north-west Pakistan and Afghanistan.

http://www.sundaytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0%2C9353%2C8752173-28778%2C00.html

Ok, so I guess it was saturday night, and were sitting around playing monopoly (snow sucks!) and the 10:00 Fox news comes on. It seems their top story is similar to the title of this thread, so we're all like "WOOHOO".

So they spend the first 30 minutes talking about snow, and in about a 30 second byte they tell us "some foriegn news agency is reporting that US Special forces has captured bin laden, but our sources deny this claim. The british source claims bush is holding bin laden only to announce his capture to benefit his re-election."

Well, not verbatim, but that was pretty much the report.

What I find funny, is come monday I started looking for the story online, all the major news sites, and came up dry. I couldn't find anything about it until i searched yahoo for "bin laden found." In the particular article I linked to, it makes no mention of bush using bin laden for political reasons. I'm just wondering wtf Fox is up to.

Physics news on Phys.org
Funny how that story came and went, wasn't it? Could just be a conspiracy theory, of course...

ya, its very interesting how fox throws things out like this. I can't think of how many times I've seen them report a story for like 30 seconds at the end of the broadcast, in the middle of the weekend when they know pretty much everyone is drunk and passed out, or well on their way.

But I've already seen a few people who think that we will suddenly capture bin laden around october in order to boost bush's popularity. I'm wondering if Fox isn't trying to get a jump on denying such claims.

Originally posted by megashawn
ya, its very interesting how fox throws things out like this. I can't think of how many times I've seen them report a story for like 30 seconds at the end of the broadcast, in the middle of the weekend when they know pretty much everyone is drunk and passed out, or well on their way.

But I've already seen a few people who think that we will suddenly capture bin laden around october in order to boost bush's popularity. I'm wondering if Fox isn't trying to get a jump on denying such claims.
Right...there's really no telling, but I have put in my official, "October surprise" prediction here.

I got as far as the second sentence, "...has been sighted...and is being monitered by satellite."

Bull.

Originally posted by LURCH
I got as far as the second sentence, "...has been sighted...and is being monitered by satellite."

Bull.
I dunno...satellite technology is pretty good these days...LOL

Conspiracy theorists unite! [zz)]

It's the Sunday Express people. There is no truth to that publication.

The Express is an old person's comfort paper so no wonder it displays such trite. Nothing bad seems to happen if you read the Express it just contains stuff about David Beckham's "extreme" hair styles and the youth of today and rubbish. I would have to make the theory somewhere near election time for Tony Blair too, cos he has had it rough, so hmmmmmmm i wonder when the british elections are? They have to be working together on this!

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have to confess - It's not Osama that they caught.

Osama, actually, is living down my road. I actually smoked some opium with him last weekend!

Seriously, has anybody wondered wheteher Osama (as we know him now) is just a figure contrived by the US government to show that terrorism is still a threat to us. And when the time is write, I mean right, "Osama" will be caught like Saddam was.

But I'll stand by this, the opium was good though! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Originally posted by Shahil
Sorry to burst your bubble but I have to confess - It's not Osama that they caught.

Osama, actually, is living down my road. I actually smoked some opium with him last weekend!

Seriously, has anybody wondered wheteher Osama (as we know him now) is just a figure contrived by the US government to show that terrorism is still a threat to us. And when the time is write, I mean right, "Osama" will be caught like Saddam was.

But I'll stand by this, the opium was good though! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Of course he's a symbol. That's his place in the scheme of things, a tool for the BS "war on terror" that the Bush administration has decided to sell us.

Originally posted by Zero
Of course he's a symbol. That's his place in the scheme of things, a tool for the BS "war on terror" that the Bush administration has decided to sell us.

Hate to be the one to tell you, but Bin Laden has been around longer than any Bush has been president...

I don't think Bush gives a damn about capturing Bin Laden anymore. All the fun has already been taken out of it. He's just off hiding in some cave. Bush has better things to do like play golf and visit other countries, why would he bother with this terrorist-in-a-cave thing? He's already made his point, and in Bush's world it's points that count, not results.

Originally posted by Pergatory
Hate to be the one to tell you, but Bin Laden has been around longer than any Bush has been president...

I don't think Bush gives a damn about capturing Bin Laden anymore. All the fun has already been taken out of it. He's just off hiding in some cave. Bush has better things to do like play golf and visit other countries, why would he bother with this terrorist-in-a-cave thing? He's already made his point, and in Bush's world it's points that count, not results.
I'm well aware of bin Laden's previous history, thank you. Whatever else he was, and still is, however, he is also a useful symbolic tool for the Bush administration.

Come on the real Ossma is in a body bag, in a refridgerator, somewhere, the rest simply keeps people afraid of 'terrorism', his symbol/icon/image is simply a "quick reminder" to all...

Seen any pictures of the guy...lately? (hummm? died in a cave, in Afghanistan, transport out of country, refridgerate...keep legend alive...Hummmm?)

Yea Osama is dead, i thought that at the time when i heard that the SAS had pulled out of Afganistan. but they can't come out and say look we've killed Osama, because this turns him into a Marta (how the hell do you spell that?) and he would have more influence dead than he does if people still believe he is out there fighting the cause.

Hummm pull "The popsicle" out of the fridge, fly to site, place in house, load house with explosives, time it well, blow up house during 'storming' operation, Ossama's found dead, proven by forensic evidence, = Great American Hero...hummm

[?]

Originally posted by Andy
because this turns him into a Marta (how the hell do you spell that?)

I believe the answer is "martyr"

1. Who is OBL and why is it significant that he was found?

OBL stands for Osama bin Laden, the leader of the terrorist group al-Qaeda. He was the mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks on the United States. His death is significant because it marks a major victory in the fight against terrorism.

2. How were US Special Forces able to find OBL?

The US Special Forces used intelligence and surveillance techniques to track OBL's whereabouts. They were able to gather information from various sources and eventually locate him in a compound in northwest Pakistan near the Afghanistan border.

3. How long did it take for US Special Forces to find OBL?

It took nearly a decade for US Special Forces to find OBL. The search began after the 9/11 attacks in 2001 and he was finally located and killed in 2011.

4. Was there any resistance from OBL or his associates during the operation?

Yes, there was resistance from OBL and his associates during the operation. The US Special Forces engaged in a firefight with the individuals in the compound, resulting in the death of OBL and several others.

5. What was the reaction to OBL's death?

The reaction to OBL's death was mixed. Many people in the US and around the world celebrated his death as a significant event in the fight against terrorism. However, others expressed concern about the legality of the operation and potential repercussions from OBL's supporters.