Binary Divider Circuit: Learn How to Build One!

In summary, A binary division circuit can be created without the use of microcontrollers or higher devices by using a shift register to divide by a power of two and by preloading a binary counter with the divisor in order to divide by any integer. The 74163 datasheet provides information on how to implement this circuit.
Archanaskulka
Hello! I wanted a circuit that conducts binary division. It should not use any microcontrollers or any higher devices. I have struggled a lot with this. I am just not getting the idea of how the division operation is carried out on a circuit. I want the basic idea. I can build it up. But how is division performed? lik, we have a full adder, full subtractor, multiplier, etc.. and their logic is also well known. I have not been able to find any such circuit which conducts division. Any bit divider will do.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Here is the simplest way. If you want to divide by a power of two (2n), just shift the binary number by n flip flops in a shift register.

If you want to divide by n in a binary counter, where n is any integer, then every time the binary counter counts down to zero, preload n into the binary counter. See datasheet for 74163 at

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/7/4/1/6/74163.shtml

Bob S

Thank you! thank you very much.. Il get back to you if i have any other problems!

1. What is a binary divider circuit?

A binary divider circuit is an electronic circuit that is used to divide binary numbers. It takes two binary numbers as inputs and produces their quotient as the output.

2. How does a binary divider circuit work?

A binary divider circuit works by using a series of logic gates to perform the division operation on the two binary numbers. It uses binary addition and subtraction to determine the remainder and quotient of the division.

3. What are the components required to build a binary divider circuit?

To build a binary divider circuit, you will need logic gates such as AND, OR, and NOT gates, as well as flip-flops, multiplexers, and registers. You will also need a power supply, breadboard, and various resistors and capacitors.

4. What are the applications of a binary divider circuit?

A binary divider circuit is commonly used in digital electronics, particularly in microprocessors and computer systems. It is also used in communication systems to divide data streams into smaller chunks for transmission.

5. Can I build a binary divider circuit on my own?

Yes, with the appropriate knowledge and components, you can build a binary divider circuit on your own. However, it is recommended to have a strong understanding of digital electronics and experience with building electronic circuits before attempting to build a binary divider circuit.