1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bio Question

1. Aug 26, 2006 #1
    Consider a cell in which you have driven the expression of a constitutively active GTPase Activating Protein (GAP) for CDC42, an important Rho-family GTPase. In these cells, CDC42's activity would most likely be:

A.Downregulated because activating the GTPase function of CDC42 causes it to be associated with GDP, in which state CDC42 is inactive.
    B.Downregulated because the association of CDC42 with a constitutively active GAP will cause CDC42 to be degraded.
    C.Upregulated because a GAP activates the GTPase it works with.
    D.Unaffected because the association of CDC42 with a constitutively active GAP will cause CDC42 to be degraded.
    E. Upregulated because constitutive activation of any protein will induce a heat-shock response by the cell inducing it to transcribe many genes as quickly as it can.

I am going towards C, i know it will not be downregulated since there is GTP Avaliable. E just makes no sense so i can get rid of it. So i am left with C and D but im leing towards C

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?