1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bioelectricity homework problem

1. Sep 15, 2007 #1
    I have received a homework document from one of my professors.

However, I am having difficulty answering some of the questions, since the diagram seems so awful to understand.

You can find the document here. http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcnj7bph_2fnmnzt

For question # 1 and 2 I put respectfully the number given, because I couldn't figure any other way to figure that out.

For question # 4 I put diffusion, but I am wondering if electrical flux will also suffice?

For question #5 I put J(diffusion) = -D {dC/dx} determined by Flick's Law

For question #6 I put equilibrium and the behavior of charged ions will eventually halt the movement of K+ ions. However, it is asking for a process, so I am not too sure about this one.

For question #7 it is asking the name of the process...a bit confused.

For question # 8 I answered they will be evenly distributed? once again not too sure

Will continue as I work through the problem.

Any feedback/help will be most deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2007 #2
    still confused, unable to determine relative ion concentration for K+ and Cl- given information in diagram...

Later on, this screws my Nersnt Equation and Goldman's equation.

Can anyone help?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?