Biology Crosswords Help - Find the Answers!

• Thread starter KingNothing
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Biology
In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking help with their girlfriend's biology crossword puzzle. The person provides two clues and asks for the answers. They also mention that one of the letters provided for the second clue is incorrect and ask for help with that. Towards the end, they mention that they were able to solve the puzzle with the help of Google.
KingNothing
Hi. My girlfriend has a biology crossword to do for class, and there's two very hard ones that I'm hoping you can just tell me. I'll use underscores for empty boxes and fill in the letters we have...er...she has. If the letters are wrong that she's gotten, please tell what the answer is so she can keep going.

The first is:
"An amine functions as an organic _m_e."

Second one:
"Organic compounds that have an -OH functional group" _ _ _e_o_s

Please help, it's really buggin both of us!

Biology news on Phys.org
In your second one, that E should be an O. Does that help? (Gosh, having just one wrong letter makes it pretty hard...it's amazing how quickly that misleads one).

Nothing like a homework assignment where getting an answer right depends on getting all the other answers right. :yuck: I bet the teacher thought this would be "fun."

Moonbear said:
In your second one, that E should be an O. Does that help? (Gosh, having just one wrong letter makes it pretty hard...it's amazing how quickly that misleads one).

Nothing like a homework assignment where getting an answer right depends on getting all the other answers right. :yuck: I bet the teacher thought this would be "fun."

Yeah, thanks..we got it all figured out too. We've been working on it and it just happened to click together once I posted something. Thanks...this is great. it feels as if a 10,000 pound weigh has been lifted off my shoulders.

Well, yeah, of course...that only does some good if you can fit them in, though! That was the problem.

What is a biology crossword?

A biology crossword is a type of crossword puzzle that uses words and clues related to the field of biology, such as scientific terms, species names, and biological processes.

How can biology crosswords help with learning?

Biology crosswords can help with learning by reinforcing key concepts and vocabulary related to biology. They allow for active engagement with the material and can improve memory and retention of information.

Are there any benefits to solving biology crosswords?

Yes, there are many benefits to solving biology crosswords. In addition to improving knowledge and understanding of biology, they can also improve problem-solving skills, vocabulary, and critical thinking abilities.

Where can I find biology crossword puzzles?

Biology crossword puzzles can be found online, in biology textbooks or study guides, and in educational magazines or websites. They may also be available in puzzle books specifically focused on biology.

How can I use biology crosswords to study for exams?

You can use biology crosswords to study for exams by selecting puzzles that cover the topics you need to review. Attempting to solve these puzzles will help you identify areas where you may need more study and reinforce important concepts and terms.