1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Biology genetic question

1. Feb 19, 2006 #1
    8. Which of the following could be the parents of a child with type 0 blood?
    A: IBIB X IBI B: IAIB X IBi
    C: IAIB X ii D: IAi X IBi

I have not idea which one is the correct one help me please

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2006 #2

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Before we can help you, you need to put down your thoughts too. Then we can help steer you in a successful direction.

What do you know about those blood types? When you combine them in various combinations (AxA,AxB,Ax0,BxB,Bx0,0x0) what blood type (expression) will the offspring of these crosses have? Do you know how to use a Punnett Square?

4. Feb 19, 2006 #3
    Yes, i know how to use a Punnette square, and i do know the combintations.. the problem is that I don't understand what I or i stands for... nor B or b.. B must be a dominant gene nd b must be a recessive gene.. but gene of what? blood type O??

5. Feb 19, 2006 #4

iansmith

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Feb 19, 2006 #5
    C and D seem like a correct answer, but i think D is the correct one.. because when i did the punette square, one of genotypes were ii which is type O.. am i on the right track?

7. Feb 19, 2006 #6

Ouabache

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yes! :smile:

And here is another good reference
    that addresses the I, i, A, B, O part of your question.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?