Help Needed on Toughest Homework Questions

• Thread starter kenny1999
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the conversation discusses the difference between diploid and haploid cells, as well as identifying which cells are haploid. The expert summarizer explains that diploid cells have paired chromosomes while haploid cells have single chromosomes. They also clarify that sperm and egg cells are haploid, and provide a brain teaser to help identify which of two cells (P and Q) is haploid. The expert then confirms the correct answer and provides an explanation.
kenny1999

Homework Statement

Please look at the pictured question below, I really have no idea how to solve the question. Thanks

4ef4caa5bd98.jpg

and

a02ba395d58f.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

there is no information about how the number of chromosomes related to the body part in my textbook so i have no idea for the question no.6

Actually i have no direction and idea at all about question no 6 and no 7

I hope someone would help THanks

Physics news on Phys.org
What is the difference between diploid and haploid cell? And which cells are haploid?

Borek said:
What is the difference between diploid and haploid cell? And which cells are haploid?

Chromosomes exists in pairs. Diploid is the cell where chromosomes exists in pairs while Haploid is the cell where chromosomes exists as single. Am I right?

OK so far, now the second - which cells are haploid?

(Note: there are hints in the wording of the second problem).

Borek said:
OK so far, now the second - which cells are haploid?

(Note: there are hints in the wording of the second problem).

sperm cell and egg cell (ovum) are haploid

but for the question 6 , i still not yet understand

i am actually not a student but it's for my kids, i learned some biology many years ago but not very sophisticated, please let me know the answers with explanation and i ll explain to she, Thanks

kenny1999 said:
sperm cell and egg cell (ovum) are haploid

but for the question 6 , i still not yet understand

But that's enough, now treat it is a simple brain teaser. P & Q are cells from the same organism, one of them is haploid, so it has to be either sperm or ovum - which answers fit?

Borek said:
But that's enough, now treat it is a simple brain teaser. P & Q are cells from the same organism, one of them is haploid, so it has to be either sperm or ovum - which answers fit?

oh oh oh oh

i am clear and i know what's happening now.

thanks

What is the purpose of "Help Needed on Toughest Homework Questions"?

The purpose of "Help Needed on Toughest Homework Questions" is to provide assistance to students who are struggling with difficult homework questions. It is a platform for students to ask for help and receive guidance from others who have expertise in the subject matter.

How can I get help with my toughest homework questions?

To get help with your toughest homework questions, you can post your question on the "Help Needed on Toughest Homework Questions" platform and wait for someone to provide an answer or solution. You can also browse through the existing questions and answers to see if your question has already been addressed.

Is there a cost for using "Help Needed on Toughest Homework Questions"?

No, "Help Needed on Toughest Homework Questions" is a free platform for students to seek and provide help with homework questions. There is no cost for using the platform or accessing the questions and answers.

Who can answer my homework questions on this platform?

Anyone can answer homework questions on this platform as long as they have relevant knowledge and expertise in the subject matter. This can include fellow students, teachers, tutors, and professionals in the field.

Are there any guidelines for providing help on "Help Needed on Toughest Homework Questions"?

Yes, there are guidelines in place to ensure that the platform remains a helpful and respectful space for all users. These guidelines include being respectful, providing clear explanations, and avoiding plagiarism. Please review the guidelines before posting or answering any questions.